9| everyday routine - get a stranger to your house

"Earth to Eva!", David called. I started.

"Finally. The body has shown signs of life", he exclaimed. I blushed.

"Sorry", I mumbled, looking down.

"Don't be sorry. I was just saying you look beautiful", he stole a glance at me, smiling. My heart felt like it was competing with a Formula 1 car. Though his words and smile were enough to knock me off my feet, there was a small tug in the back of my mind...

Usually he just complimented me by calling me pretty or cute. But never beautiful. 

Stop, Eva.
You're overreacting.
He probably just realised that you're 17 and not a girl anymore.

I hope

"Thank you", I managed as I felt the burning feeling in my cheeks fade.

Huh?
Did I actually stop blushing?

I just shook off those thoughts. They were unnecessary, poisoning thoughts.

"So, how's your work going?", I asked casually.

"Its good", he started, "Oh, you won't believe it! I think you might have a soulmate in this city", he said, wide-eyed.

"Huh. You think?", I asked, sarcastically. But I was actually interested as to why he thought so.

"Yeah! So basically, this guy comes to the store and orders 10 T-shirts! All for himself, he said. Even you, my most loyal customer, have not bought so many shirts at once.

"Anyways, 5 of them had The Mortal Instruments references. The usual- Made in Brooklyn, Clary and Jace, Angelic rune and Blink if you like me. But the last one was different. Different as in no one has ever bought a shirt like that", he exclaimed. Now I was super curious.

Who was this TMI fan?

"Different?", I asked.

"Yeah! It had Alec Lightwood on it. Like, only Alec!", he shook his head like he didn't understand. Frankly speaking, I was proud of this person, who ever he was. Even if people don't show it, I still think they feel repulsive to gay people. Not many people accept this specific choice of someone else.

As I was thinking about Alec, a lightbulb lit in my head. Suddenly I wasn't too sure that the person had taken the shirt to show his support for gay people. I slowly turned towards David.

"Was this guy's last name 'Haynes', by any chance?", I asked, expectantly.

"Yeah! How'd ya know?!" , he asked, suddenly excited.

" Meh, a guess. He's a friend, actually", I shrugged.

"A friend I don't know of? What are you doing behind my back?, he asked, joking.

" Oh, shut up! He's a neighbour. Alec Haynes", I smacked his arm.

"Alec Haynes? So that's why he took the Alec... Wow", he looked so amazed, it was cute.

"Leave that. We're almost there", I chided, anxious to leave that topic behind.

"Oh, yeah", he blushed and turned his full attention to the road. He parked the car outside Peterson's and opened my door for me.

"My, my. What a gentleman", I gushed.

"Sometimes I wonder if you are actually 17 years old or 70...", David shook his head, rolling his eyes.

Omg.
He knows that I'm 17 years old.

"You never know", I said, tapping him on his nose.