I heard my mom sigh and say, "Well, it's your decision. That's too bad that you're not going to go. But, listen, I'll be home in about an hour and a half to make dinner. How does chicken and steamed vegetables sound to you?"

I ignored her comment about prom and said, "Sounds good, mom. I'll see you later. I have some stuff I need to do. Love you."

My mom then simply replied, "Love you, too," and hung up the phone.

So, maybe you're wondering where my dad is. Well, he and my mom split when I was about seven. He now lives in Dallas, which is also where my aunt and uncle live. Maybe I'll go there after I graduate. I don't get to go there very often. 

I got up off of my bed at went to my long, full length mirror and looked at myself. I was wearing black sweat pants, a loose, white v-neck t shirt, brown Uggs, and my hair was in a messy bun. I wasn't that attractive. 

I had long blonde hair that ended at my chest, but I had it pulled up at the moment. I had pale blue eyes and my skin was pale. Apparently, I'm considered "pretty" at my school, but I never truly believed it. 

I hate it when guys say that they want us to think of ourselves as beautiful. I don't want to be insecure about my looks and think of myself as ugly, but I don't want to appear self centered by saying that I know that I'm beautiful.

To be honest, there's only one person who has ever, truly, made me feel beautiful, and that would be Louis. He just has a way with words that makes me somehow believe it. 

I sighed, and continued to look at myself when I heard something from downstairs. I heard a door quietly close and slight foot steps. Great. Let's go all Paranormal Activity on me, why don't we?

I decided to ignore it, thinking it was my imagination...until I heard more foot steps.

Well, shit.

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm scared. Being the paranoid person I am, I went and grabbed a baseball bat out of the hall closet. 

After retrieving the old baseball bat, I turned to go to the staircase and slowly started descending it, my body shaking. When I'm scared, random thoughts start going through my mind. I started thinking about anything and everything, and my mind was racing. It was moving at the speed of lighting, and I couldn't gather my own thoughts. 

I got to the bottom of the staircase and turned to the left, where the kitchen was, and where the noise was coming from while random thoughts kept going through my mind. It was dark in the house and I was honestly scared. I crept into the kitchen to see a figure at our refrigerator. That wasn't mom. 

I'm insanely scared. What do I do now? I can't exactly go all Jackie Chan on them. I'm only five foot four. Before I could make any sort of movement, I heard the person groan really loudly. They then turned around to see me. I just said shakily, "Who are you? I have a bat!"

I'm scared.

The person leaned over and turned the lights on so that I could see them.

"LOUIS FREAKING TOMLINSON!" I screamed, dropping the bat.

He looked at me like he was disappointed and said, "You don't have any carrots!"

I rolled my eyes and ran towards him as fast as I could and jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist. "I missed you so much," he whispered into my ear. That sent chills down my spine. Wait, what?

"I missed you, too! What are you doing here?" I asked. 

"You think that I would miss seeing my little Josie graduate? I don't think so," he said with a smile, and then put me down.