Chapter Five: Crush

"I feel a little rush, I think I got a little crush on you..." — Yuna

Freedom
Two Weeks Later

I was strutting down the corridor making my way to my office when I saw Yaya sitting at her desk already focused and at work. I smiled as I leaned against the wall of her cubicle and opened my schedule book.

"Good morning girl. You really been on point lately, getting here before me and everything. I see you mamas."

"Mhm, but I ain't been early. You just been late," YaNette teased and I shook my head.

"Whatever girl. Any calls?" She shook her head. "No you haven't gotten any calls yet. But I did unlock your office and get my files already." I nodded as I turned around and opened up my door with my face in my phone checking e-mails and ignoring texts from Marcellus Gordon. Consistent, he was. But I really didn't want anything from him or anybody else for the matter.

After taking off my suit jacket and hanging it on the back of my chair, I noticed a bouquet of yellow roses sitting on my desk and a smile crept upon my face, "Yaya," I called and waited for her entrance, "Did my aunt send these?" Yaya twisted her face up like something musty was in the air. "That's a damn shame. How you only expecting to receive flowers from your aunt?" I started chuckling. "Well who sent them?" I asked as we both took a seat and I booted up my iMac.

"Mr. Marcelluuuusss," she teased and my eyebrows shot up so fast they could have left skid marks on my forehead. "Really?" I asked in a state of disbelief. "Yeah girl. Y'all been talking quite a lot lately. Well... a lot for you. He seems nice." I cut my eyes at her before agreeing. "He seems like a good guy. But why send me flowers? We've only hung out once and texted a few times."

"Because he's trynna get in them drawls girl." She smiled and I started laughing probably way too hard.

"Oh my gosh Yaya you can't say stuff like that." I held my hand to my chest trying to contain my laughter.

"I'm serious though, Free. Or he probably really likes you and is trying to get closer to you. Why don't y'all just give this little friendship a chance or whatever?" I shook my head. "I don't need any new distractions. I'm just trying to make me some money and get into heaven." Yaya rolled her eyes.  "Well you can get you some money and get some dick at the same time." I nearly started choking I laughed so hard as I got up and closed my office door.

"Yaya, sometimes I think there is something really wrong with you." I returned to my seat giggling. "For real, get you some dick! Be honest, when was the last time you got some?" I rolled my eyes. "YaNette you're too much."

"Mhm, been way too long if you can't answer."

I looked down at my buzzing phone to see a call from the man of the hour and started to ignore it. "Free, stop playing and answer that man. I'll be at my desk... being nosey." Yaya left my room and cracked the door as I shook my head staring at my still ringing phone.

"Hello?" I finally answered.

"Good morning gorgeous. Did you get those flowers I sent you?"

"Yes, they're beautiful. I was just about to text you back to thank you."

"They remind me of you. Anyway, I was thinking we could hang out after you get off work if you don't have any plans. Hit up a movie or maybe just go for a ride and get some ice cream." I raised an eyebrow. "Mr. Gordon, I'm not sure if I'll be up for a movie anytime soon."

"Really? Well, how about that ride? We could stop around Kelly Drive and sit under the stars with some wine and just chill and listen to music." I started to decline when YaYa peeked her head back in the door going, "Take yo lonely ass on with him," in a sort of whisper-yell kind of way.