you are the cause of my euphoria

Start from the beginning

Talking about it had made Jungkook shed a few, weak tears filled with unsaid words Taehyung is yet to hear, but it's alright. Sealing the promise of being trustworthy for Jungkook had been simple. The kiss sealed it. Along with that promise, so much more.

Now, almost two years later, Jungkook can confidently say that he smiles every day. Hope is no longer a word in need in his life; it's something he's learned to always have with him whatever happens around him. There is always hope, he now knows. Sunrays brighten the room, mirroring his feelings; a parable for the way Taehyung makes him feel, how he's been making him feel since the beginning of the summer of twenty-sixteen.

No one's confidence or self-love is ever complete, parts are missing and the puzzle won't be complete. Jungkook feels complete in other ways, since he has Taehyung, who brought so much more to his life than he could have ever asked for. Things he didn't know he needed. How he learned to appreciate the sun in the new way, having more dreams and hope for them. Appreciating the small things (though he appreciates them mainly because they're reminders of Taehyung), the ocean, cloudy but still happy days, days where it rains, days where he doesn't feel happy. They all remind him of Taehyung because he's the one making his rainy day a sunny one - mood-wise, of course. Turning that sad frown into a small smile is also something only Taehyung can do.

❝ᴵ ᴰᴼᴺᵀ ᴷᴺᴼᵂ ᵂᴴᴬᵀ
ᵀᴴᴵˢ ᶠᴱᴱᴸᴵᴺᴳ ᴵˢ,
ᵂᴴᴱᵀᴴᴱᴿ ᵀᴴᴵˢ ᴵˢ ᴬᴸᴸ
ᴬ ᴰᴿᴱᴬᴹ❞

"Could you at least look at me for once?" He hears Taehyung say in the background and he turns his head to the side, where he sees Taehyung, a camera in front of his face as he snaps a photo that Jungkook immediately expect to be ugly. Ashamed, he looks down, hearing the older's footsteps coming closer. "I know what you're thinking you know, and no matter what you think, I'll love this photo forever." The older says with pride, showing the younger the photo he's taken. Nothing too special, Jungkook is simply looking at him, the city blurred in the background, sun creating this contrast in his face as his yellow jacket matches the surroundings in a weird but pleasant way.

"I actually like it," Jungkook says quietly, as if it's embarrassing to say it out loud. It is as if he can hear Taehyung's wide smile and feel the older's eyes on him, gratification shining through. An arm falls over his shoulders, putting on a light weight on the younger who simply leans against the body that's standing with his, their sides touching. Warm breath hits his cheek for a split second before the not-so-new feeling of Taehyung's lips against his skin makes an appearance. Lingering there for a few seconds, Jungkook closes his eyes at the feeling until the older pulls away. Turning his head, Jungkook smiles at him lovingly, hoping his feeling of gratitude shows off.

"I'm happy, Tae, I really am." the younger says, not sure why those words suddenly come out but by the way Taehyung smiles at him, he doesn't regret them. Still looking at the older, Jungkook barely acknowledges the subtle movements of the older leaning closer, eyes alluring his own. Putting the camera down on the little ledge next to them, Taehyung moves his arms down, locking around Jungkook's waist as he manages to fully turn the younger's body towards him.

"You know what, Kookie?" Taehyung asks, voice low as his lips are ghosting above the younger's, formed into a pretty smile. "Seeing you happy makes me the happiest. Don't ever stop being happy, okay? And if you do, I'll kiss your sadness away." Jungkook chuckles at the cheesiness, still, there's a faint blush adorning his cheeks. "You do that quite often, you know?" He points out, earning a shy look coming from the older as their eye contact breaks for a split second before reconnecting as Taehyung looks back up.

"Yes. But that doesn't mean I'll ever want to stop, right? I love you," he says, the last three words quieter and his heart swells when the younger only widens his smile. It's not the first time saying those words, Taehyung makes sure to say them often, knowing they mean a lot more to Jungkook than one would expect. With arms around one another, eyes locked together and bodies close against the other, Jungkook wonders if this is reality and if he's really found his true happiness; if Taehyung really is his euphoria.

"And I really do love you too."

A small giggle leaves the older's lips, another blush is formed but this time on both of their faces. Two years of love might be a long time, but being shy at such words will always be a thing for the two, but would they want to have it in any other way? No, not at all.

After some seconds of pretty silence has gone by, Taehyung smiles contently. "Yeah, I know," he says in a voice barely higher than a whisper. He leans in, closing the last few inches of space between their faces and finally, his lips meet Jungkook's. Another kiss, where lips mold together in synchronized movements, where nothing else matters but the two of them.

They're each other's euphoria, one could say.

❝ᵀᴬᴷᴱ ᴹᵞ ᴴᴬᴺᴰˢ ᴺᴼᵂ,
ᵞᴼᵁ ᴬᴿᴱ ᵀᴴᴱ ᶜᴬᵁˢᴱ
ᴼᶠ ᴹᵞ ᴱᵁᴾᴴᴼᴿᴵᴬ❞