will you marry me?

cross-posted on vka
+ would anyone read if i started a new "proper" fan fiction? [obv taekook] bc i know i haven't been active on here but i miss it

Despite the many conversations and panicked worries Taehyung has shared with Jimin for weeks time about this day, he doesn't feel at ease at all. In other words: he's shitting himself and he feels like he's about to die.

"How many times do I have to tell you? Tae, you two have been together for five years, lived together for four and known each other for six. Jeongguk loves you so much and you love him just as much. One would be stupid not to notice it," the blonde says for the second time, looking at the younger who's sitting across from him at the table, head resting in the palm of his hands and elbows on the table.

"Yes, I know but...no, I don't know, he means so much to me and I'm just scared he's going to say no," Taehyung admits for the third time since he got there, that being his main source of worry at the moment. The silver-haired boy removes his hands from his face but still looks down, his worries bringing anxious and warm tears to his eyes. "It's just...I don't want him to run away because he for some reason isn't ready for this."

Jimin sighs deeply, not really knowing what to say to make Taehyung feel better. He knows the younger appreciates him being here so that he can just ramble about it, but Taehyung has planned this since two months back and is still scared shitless.

And yes, Jimin does understand. He, himself, is a married man and understands the struggle his friend is currently going through, but he just wants to tell Taehyung it'll be worth it, though he is aware of how Taehyung acts when he's like this.

"Taetae, look at me," the blonde orders, the younger doing as told and Jimin notices his friend's glassy eyes and kindly smiles knowingly. "I know how this feels, and c'mon, if Jeongguk were to say no because he isn't ready, then the best thing to do is wait for him. You doing this won't ruin a single thing between you two, you're too in love to just throw this away because of that, right?" Taehyung unsurely nods slowly after a second has passed by, wiping away a single tear that managed to fall from his eye.

"I know, Jimin, I know...but...aish..." More tears slowly fall as the emotions explode inside of the silver-haired, twenty-six year old. "I really want this and of course I'll wait for him, but it's just...I love him so much and I want him in my life forever, I'm scared he'll think it's a too big step for our relationship."

At that, Jimin smiles, amusingly. It's funny. Funny because he knows Jeongguk will say yes, no matter how Taehyung decides to ask the younger brunette, Jeongguk is going to say yes and Jimin does feel a little bad for sitting there while his friend worries about it and the blonde already knows how it'll end up.

"Trust me, Taehyung, it's going to go well. Trust me."

However, Taehyung is shitting himself despite his friend's reassuring words ringing in his head, reminding him of how this will end. Deep down, Taehyung is almost one-hundred-percent sure that Jeongguk will say yes as well, but those worries take over and hides the fact deep inside of him. Also, unnecessary and silly worries like "what if I sound weird asking?" or "what if I get a voice crack?" dances around Taehyung's head, wanting this to be perfect.

It's not like the movies, he hasn't prepared a speech or anything. He has the small, black box in his pocket where the silver ring is, the only words uncomfortably lying on his tongue are the "Will you marry me?" ones and his heart is hammering against his chest hidden behind his white shirt. Jeongguk has never liked fancy things such as dinner dates or detailed clothing, which is why Taehyung is wearing his casual, every day clothes, ordered pizza for both of them and may or may not have bought a bottle of their favourite wine. Mainly because they sometimes do that as a thing every Friday, and when they really do celebrate things they always drink wine. Guess Taehyung wants this to be something to celebrate.