reunions

+ posted on vkook amino by me as well.

the gate would open any minute now, and jungkook was nervous to say the least.

he was always nervous. it didn't really matter what the circumstances were, jungkook was always nervous when it came to reuniting with his loved one.

if you are wondering, jungkook lived in new york while taehyung lived in seoul. jungkook had been living in seoul before, he was born and raised there, but his parents moved to new york when he was sixteen. his mother was half-american, and his parents had wanted to move there for a long time, but they wanted their son to grow up a bit first.

jungkook didn't like the idea of moving, he had to leave everything behind. because he and taehyung became a thing the same year he moved, he had all of his friends in south korea and the rest of his relatives. still, his parents forced him to come with them.

enough about the past, all that happened three years ago. but jungkook thought that all of this had made his and taehyung's relationship stronger. they had a lot more trust in each other than before, they lived hours away from each other and had no idea what happened on the other side.

but, since they trusted each other, everything was fine.

the airport was really big, jungkook really hoped he had found the right gate. finding the wrong one would just be very embarrassing.

the gate then opened, and the woman in the speakers echoing all over the airport said: "passengers from plane 134 from incheon airport to jfk airport, please exit through gate number 11." jungkook smiled, he was at the right gate.

soon, lots of people were walking through the now open gate with their bags behind them. everyone seemed tired, the time difference was the best. taehyung would most likely be very jet-lagged the first few days, the plane ride had taken around fourteen hours, jungkook felt bad for taehyung. but then he knew that it was worth it in the end, since he too traveled for the same amount of time as taehyung did.

jungkook soon recognised the mop of slightly messy, chocolate brown hair exiting the gate and his heart immediately started beating slightly faster. when taehyung looked up from the ground, he instantly spotted jungkook.

jungkook smiled widely, they both did. taehyung walked over to the younger boy who had his arms open. he let go of his bag as soon as he was close enough to jungkook, then he wrapped his arms around the younger, who of course hugged him back.

jungkook couldn't help but feel slightly emotional, a tear managed to escape his eye. he was just so happy. he had been missing taehyung so much it hurt. jungkook tightened the grip around him, feeling more happy tears wanting to make their way out. he sniffled slightly, and that's when taehyung pulled away.

"baby," he said, immediately starting to wipe the younger's tears away with his thumbs. "don't cry, you'll make me cry too!"

jungkook laughed weakly, trying to wipe his own tears away. taehyung pulled him in for another hug, jungkook wrapped his arms around the older's waist, but now on the inside of taehyung's jacket.

"i've missed you so much," jungkook said, voice slightly shaky. he breathed in taehyung's scent; a scent he had been missing so freaking much the past months. it didn't smell like anything special, it was just...taehyung.

"i've missed you too," taehyung whispered. they pulled away from the hug and taehyung placed his hands on jungkook's neck. "i love you." then, he leaned in, and their lips touched for the first time in a little more than two months.

they fit together perfectly. the kiss was just a little bit salty because of jungkook's tears, but neither of them complained. they finally had each other again, and they never wanted to let go.

they would have to, eventually, because taehyung had to go back to south korea. but for now, they would never let go.

"i love you too."