how can you love someone like me

cross-posted on vka
[a little angsty]

For some reason, Jungkook had been in deep thought lately and that was something that didn't go unnoticed by his boyfriend, Taehyung. The older of the two had tried to start a conversation about it a couple of times by briefly mentioning that the younger seemed tired and asking what was on his mind, to which the younger had shrugged and then changed the subject.

Taehyung couldn't help but be upset about it. Did the younger not trust him anymore? There was clearly something wrong and it worried him, he didn't want Jungkook to walk around sad or distracted by something that clearly bothered him.

Of course, the question "Have I done anything wrong?" appeared in Taehyung's head every once in a while, but both of them had always been straight forward with their worries, even if they were about each other.

It was on a late Friday night when Taehyung came home from the grocery store that he really knew something was wrong. The younger didn't meet him at the door, and that was something he did every day. They hadn't seen each other since early this morning, what could Jungkook possibly be doing?

Sure, maybe he was doing something and didn't hear Taehyung coming back, that had happened once before. But it just didn't seem very likely at the moment.

After putting the groceries where they should be and then throwing the paper bag away, Taehyung said Jungkook's name a few times, a little louder every time. He was met with silence. Taehyung knew the younger was home though, because his shoes were still there as well as his jacket and beanie that he always wore when going out, no matter the occasion.

When Taehyung was about to enter their bedroom, he noticed that the lights in the bathroom was on and the door wasn't locked. The lights were always off when neither of them were inside, so Jungkook had to be there.

Taehyung carefully knocked on the bathroom door before peeking in, expecting to see a Jungkook either brushing his teeth or drying his hair after showering, but what he was met with broke his heart into thousands of pieces. There, Jungkook was standing, in front of the mirror with tears streaming down his face as he turned his head slowly to face the older.

"Oh no, baby," was the only thing managing to leave Taehyung's lips as he went inside the small room, hands immediately making their way around Jungkook, pulling the younger close. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

Silent sobs were heard and Jungkook was slightly shaking in Taehyung's arms, hands covering his face. Taehyung put his hands on Jungkook's shoulders when pulling away, keeping the space between them minimal. "What's wrong?" He asked again, one of his hands cupping Jungkook's cheek as his thumb helplessly wiped away the tears.

"Answer me, baby, please," Taehyung begged, his worries almost killing him. Now, both of his hands were on each of Jungkook's cheeks, keeping the younger's head up so they could keep their eye contact. "Why are you crying?"

Jungkook sniffled and then used his own hands to wipe his tears away, looking down for a brief moment as he did so, then looking back up. The words that left his lips shocked Taehyung.

"How can you love someone like me?"

His voice had been shaking, barely higher than a whisper, but his eyes had looked straight into Taehyung's, showing that he really was serious about the question. For a second or two, Taehyung was speechless, the shock of the question making him think of it, deeply.

"What?" Was the only thing managing to leave his lips at first.

"Yeah, you heard me. I'm just..." Jungkook's sentence faded as he moved his hands, thinking of what words to use. "I'm not worthy of your love, Tae. I'm ugly, not good at anything, I'm nothing but a clingy burden to you and I want attention almost all the time. There's nothing good about me, I just don't get how you can be in love with me when you shouldn't."

All words leaving Jungkook's mouth fell onto Taehyung's heart, but not in a good way, only breaking it even more. "I see nothing but things that are wrong or things that I should change whenever I look in the mirror. Being in love with someone that has so many flaws is not what someone like you deserve, and I just...don't understand," there, after those last two words, Jungkook's eyed filled with tears again and his head fell down, facing the floor.

Not fully sure of the usage of words just yet, the older pulled the younger close, hugging him tightly.

"I knew something was wrong," Taehyung then whispered, mostly to himself. He knew something was on Jungkook's mind. Had this been bothering him all this time? Taehyung felt horrible. Sure, he knew something was wrong, but this? He could never have guessed.

"Jungkook, baby, do you even know how much I love you?" He then asked, still hugging the younger who was crying again. "I love you so much. Everything about you. There is nothing wrong with you, there is not a single thing that should be changed," he pulled away, arms still around Jungkook though. He used his hands to wipe away the tears again before putting them back around Jungkook's waist.

"I don't see you as a clingy burden, and Jesus Christ, you're not ugly. Fuck, you're so beautiful, Kook, why can't you see that?" Hands placed on Jungkook's cheeks once again. "And shouldn't be in love with you? So many lies. Jungkook, I'm deeply, madly in love with you and I could walk out on the street and scream it if you want. I love you so much and I'm not scared to show the world how much you mean to me. I loved you then, I love you now, and I always will."

The words were a bit quiet, but that didn't matter, because they were still one hundred percent true.

"Tae..."

Not letting the younger speak, Taehyung pressed his lips against Jungkook's as his hands moved around the younger's neck. Jungkook kissed him back, their fingers intertwining on the back of his neck. Taehyung's hands ran from Jungkook's, down to his back, tracing light lines against his waist, stopping there to pull the younger closer.

They stopped kissing for a second, Taehyung smiling warmly at Jungkook, who still had tears in his eyes but a small smile on his face as well. "I will never get tired of you, I will never ever get tired of this," he breathed between their kisses, before placing his lips back on top of Jungkook's.

Their kisses were light and quick, but soon turned into longer and deeper ones, eventually Taehyung left some along the younger's jaw, sometimes stopping to kiss and nibble for a little longer, then continuing down further against the younger's neck where he repeated the action before moving back to his lips as their hands moved around, and that was how their night went.

Taehyung nothing but very determined to show Jungkook how much he really loved him.