imprisoned

The darkness consumed me. The vile stench of decay surrounded me. Although I had yet to open my eyes and see the unimaginable world around me, I still could sense what was going on in the surroundings. 

My face laid on a cool surface, the roundness of it suggesting bars. A cell? A cage?

Cage.

 One second. One second is all it took for me to remember what had happened to me. Thinking back on it now, I was so stupid. I shouldn't have played along with whatever he wanted. Yes, under other circumstances I probably would carry on like I did but, I sensed there was something strange about him and what did I do.

Nothing.

What is wrong with me? If someone strange makes you feel uncomfortable, you don't go along with what they want you to do.However, if I ever had the chance to turn back time and do it all again, I wouldn't. My soul intention at that time was to do what I'm paid to do. That's what pays the bills. That's what buys the food. That's what keeps me and my brother alive.

My brother.

Oh no. 

Only then did it occur to me that I was not going back. I'm mature enough to know that when someone kidnaps you, they don't intend to just give you back after they've done with you. No, they either kill you or you die imprisoned. Either way, they always cover their tracks whilst getting what the want. 

Me

That's what he wanted. It was as clear as day. Still, one thought still remained swirling around my head. What's going to happen to my brother? I might come off as a selfish bitch, but I do care for my brother. He's the only family I have left. He couldn't cope by himself. Although we both don't like to admit it he's a raging alcoholic, struggling his way through life. I do admit that I help him tremendously but that never seems to be enough for him. He need's me I'm his lifeline as much as he is mine. We need each other to survive. 

It might seem unnatural the way that we think of each other but, put yourself in our shoes. You have no other family willing to help you or are dead. Your only source of income being filthy and illegal for that matter. The only person you confide in slowly breaking down in front of you. What would you do? Exactly, you would cling on to the one thing that you love the most in the world. For me, that's my brother.

The heavy sound of footsteps plodding down the hall is what dragged me away from my thoughts. I still refused to open my eyes and look at the living nightmare I was in. I didn't move an inch, too scared to do anything than stay in my scrunched upstate. My arms cocooned me from the outside world, shielding my legs from any more damage. I hung my head low, I don't want anyone to look at the unholy state I'm in.

The footsteps continued at a steady pace and kept getting louder with each second that passed.  I continued to listen to each heavy thuds through the thin wall closest to me. The way they sounded was as if the person was very confident and sure of themselves. It became obvious to me who they belonged to within the fraction of a second.

Being as frightened as I was, I was unaware of the footsteps slowing until they reached near the wall I was closest to. 

A jangle of metal clanging could be heard as a chill ran through the air. The air seemed to drop at least ten degrees. The air felt thick with tension as he prolonged the time it took to open the door to the cell I'm in. The darkness prevented me from seeing anything other than shadows held directly in front of me.

The sound of a door being unlocked echoed around the empty space around me. Wood creaked, letting me know that the only escape I know about was open as if it was calling me to run for the last time. With a heavy heart, I listened to the owner of the heavy boots slowly making their way towards me.

My breathing hitched when my face was fanned with a warm minty fragrance. 

"Boo," He said, in an attempt to scare me. However, to his disappointment, I didn't scream, didn't jump or flinch. I did nothing. I'm not giving the person who tore me away from my home the satisfaction of seeing my fear. 

The room suddenly became bright, the sudden change made my eyes water slightly and squint to see around me.  As I suspected, I was still in a cage. The room I was in had cobbled walls, the black grime slipping down the cracks. 

I don't even want to know what that is.

Surveying my surroundings for the first time, my eyes focused in on the man in front of me. He hadn't changed from last time I'd saw him. Literally, he was even wearing the same shoes. In contrast to the last time I saw him, he had a smirk plastered all across his face. The sight made me nervous and sick to my stomach.

"Aww baby girl, come on, play with daddy" His voice pierced through me like poison being injected into my body.

I turned away, I didn't want to look at the man who is mentally torturing me. At that one movement, an inhuman growl echoed through the air. The door of the cage was ripped off its hinges. A thumb and forefinger ruffly grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU." He shouted in my face, before continuing in a calmer voice. "I can see I'm going to have to teach you some respect" He shoved my chin back so harshly, I thought he had broken my jaw. I didn't protest to what he said, I just wanted one thing.

To know if my brother was okay.

He reached into the cage, slowly winding his hands around me. Starting with my upper body, he pulled my aching body out of the cramped space that was no bigger than the height of a small child. Once all of my body was out, all of my energy was swept away and used by my limbs. Trying to get them back to their normal position was almost impossible.

Thinking I was going to be placed on the ground,  I expected the cool floor to be on the soles of my feet, but was greeted with the disgusting skin to skin contact of his arms enclosing round me; almost suffocating me.

Getting my joints in the right place, I let out a sound cross between pleasure and pain. Pleasure from the readjustment. Pain from the new positioning. Either way, he took it in the wrong way.

"Aww, you like being in daddy's arms? Or, you just want me to touch you. You're a very dirty girl, aren't you?" He said in almost a mocking tone.

I looked up at him, frightened for my life. I hated him from the moment I laid eyes on him, my opinion isn't ready to change anytime soon.

"Well, we need you ready don't we" He started walking down the hallway, still carrying me in his arms securely.

A sudden burst of courage ran through my body, giving me the courage to ask him what he meant. "What are you going to do to me" I shakily asked, my voice quivering with fear.

"Why little girl, we need to get you clean to start your lessons" I scrunched my eyebrows up in confusion. Realizing that I didn't understand, he clarified the missing information. "It's bath time baby girl"

VOTE

FOLLOW

SHARE

COMMENT

-Amy X-