MONDAY 14:37

It takes three days and negative test results for me to find the confidence to speak to Chris

It takes three days and negative test results for me to find the confidence to speak to Chris. After getting tested on Saturday, it's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. No STD, and I'm definitely not pregnant.

I still have to find out what happened, though.

After school, I pull Noora to the side. "I was at the clinic on Saturday. All tests were negative."

"That's great!" she exclaims. "Are you relieved?"

"Very! Now I just have to talk to Chris."

Noora's eyes focus on something behind me. "Speak of the devil... He's right there."

I turn to see what she's looking at. She's right. Chris and some of his friends have just walked through the doors. Iben is there. When he sees me, he frowns.

"I should ask him."

"He's with that girl. Iben, right? This might not be a good time."

"No, I've waited long enough. I have to do it now."

I walk in his direction. When he sees me coming towards him, he leaves friends, meeting me halfway. He looks angry. There's a certain power in the way he walks that makes him look extra intimidating.

If looks could kill, I'd be dead.

"I have to talk to you," I say, trying to stay strong. It's difficult when he's looking at me that way, though. His eyes are dark and stormy.

"What's with the bullshit your friends have been saying about me?"

He pushes his chest out, and he immediately looks bigger and more threatening than I've ever seen him.

I feel myself immediately becoming small. I don't want him to be mad at me. "What... What do you mean?"

He puts his hands into his pockets. Then, he takes a step back from me. "You seriously think I am the one spreading that picture?"

"Chris, I–"

Chris looks up, blinking at the sky. Then, he sucks in a deep breath. When his eyes land on me again, he's calmed down. He doesn't look angry anymore. Just sad.

I don't know which is worse.

His voice is paper thin. "I defended you when Yakuza were talking shit. Held your hair back when you were being sick. Got you home safe. Stayed when you asked me to. And you think I'd do that? That hurts, Eva."

I have to look away or I might start crying. His friends are still watching us from afar. There's no way I'll cry when they can see it. "I blacked out. The only thing I remember is you being in that bathroom with me."

"So you blame me. Great."

"What happened then? I woke up wearing nothing but your shirt. Can't you see what that would look like to me?"

"Nothing happened."

"Nothing?"

"No," he says. "You slept on your side of the bed. I slept on the other."

"I just thought about what you said that other night. About you giving the shirts to people you've slept with. So I guess I just thought I was one of them."

"You were taking all your clothes off, and it made me slightly uncomfortable, so I suggested you should wear something. I told you not to wear the hoodie – it had sick on it – but you refused to wear anything else. And then you got really upset about me leaving. So I stayed."

"That's all?" I ask, feeling relieved.

"Yeah," he nods. "That's all that happened."

I feel slightly stupid for not having had the guts to ask him earlier. "Oh. Okay."

Chris sighs. "I might have a reputation for sleeping around, but I would never take advantage of anybody that drunk," he says. "Also, you had vomit breath."

"Charming," I say, cringing at myself.

"I'm sure there's someone who's into that."

He lets out a small chuckle, and I can't help but join in. It feels good to laugh. It's been a while.

We're both still smiling at each other when Iben comes over to us. She seems happy. Her cheeks are rosy and lips stretched into a wide smile. "Eva!" she says. "How are you doing?"

I feel everything around me stop. Why is she being nice to me? Why does she care how I'm doing? I hesitate before I answer her. "I'm fine, thanks."

"I thought I should ask," she says, shrugging. "I heard you got chlamydia."

The words hit me like a bullet right between the eyes. Everything stops. I can't think; can't speak or hear anything. She's the executioner and I'm the victim.

Her eyes wander innocently to the ground. Then, they come back up to watch the damage she's done.

Chris just stares at me with a blank face. His lips are parted as if he's about to say something but nothing comes out. His eyes move from me to Iben and back, like he's searching for answers.

I realise I've been holding my breath.

My throat is dry. I swallow a couple of times. Then, I manage to speak up. "That's not true."

Draaaama!

Draaaama!

Is Chris telling the truth?

Why is Iben being rude?

TIME WILL TELL. Until then, have a good Easter my chickens 💗🐣

xoxo Lauren, the pink teletubby