THURSDAY 16:03

I'm getting ready to go home when Noora approaches me outside the classroom

I'm getting ready to go home when Noora approaches me outside the classroom. "Do you want to go to mine and do the Spanish homework?"

"How did you know I needed help?"

She laughs quietly, linking our arms together. "I saw you staring at the wall for an hour straight. I doubt you got any of the work done."

"Couldn't concentrate..."

"Because of Chris?" Noora asks, her usually happy tone turning instantly serious.

I glance at her. I don't want to bother her with this. She always tries to keep out of the discussions about boys and hooking up. "He's avoiding me."

"When was the last time you spoke to him?"

I throw my backpack over my shoulder, and we start walking. "A week ago."

"Maybe he's just trying to act cool. Isn't that what guys do?" she asks.

When we get around the corner, I hear a whistling noise. Noora stops in her tracks, pulling me back by my arm. "It's them."

I squint in the direction she's looking in. There's a group of people stood behind the school building, surrounded by cigarette smoke.Chris is there. I catch his eye for a mere second, but he quickly looks away and pretends he hasn't seen me. William on the other hand, can't stop staring at us.

"I have to go over there. I have to talk to him."

Noora widens her eyes at what I'm saying. Then, she goes into full panic mode. "No, don't do that. We really shouldn't. Let's just go home."

"Just wait for me here, okay?"

"Eva, don't."

I shake off her hands from my arm and hear her sigh behind me. Marching up to the guys, I put on my bravest face. Chris flicks his cigarette, still pretending he can't see me.

"Chris? Can we talk?"

I practically have to beg for his attention. It makes me feel so weak. As if I'm one of the desperate girls wearing one of his dumb one-night stand-hoodies.

He turns, nonchalantly running a hand through his hair. Then, he finally looks me in the eye. His gaze is empty. "Now isn't a good time."

"When is a good time?"

He bites down on his lower lip. "Not now. I'll text you."

I hear his friends chuckling and talking amongst themselves. Chris and William exchange glances. Then he takes another drag of his cigarette, tilts his head up and blows the smoke into the air. That's when I realise he's back to ignoring me.

"Don't bother, Shitstad," I mumble under my breath.

There's fire under the soles of my feet when I make my way back to where Noora is waiting for me. I'm fuming. I want to get as far away from the føkkboy as possible.

Noora almost jogs beside me to keep up with my pace.

"Who does he think he is?"

I can't believe I've fallen into the drittsekk trap all over again. Surely, I should know better by now.

"Eva, wait." The short blonde girl puts her arm out in front of me to get me to stop. She gives me a sad smile. "Don't let him hurt you. He's not worth it."

"He can't," I say. "Not if I hurt his feelings first."

Chris why are you like this?

Is she really going to crush him?

xoxo Lauren, the extra mother you never knew you needed or wanted