MONDAY 09:05

Walking to school is like the final walk on death row; I'd rather be anywhere else

Walking to school is like the final walk on death row; I'd rather be anywhere else. If I could, I'd turn and run the other way. Run until my legs can't carry me. Far away where I can't bump into Chris.

Passing through the schoolyard is hell on earth. Worse than I expected.

People are looking, whispering and pointing. They're doing the same thing as they were doing to that girl I heard about on my first day; the one who lost her virginity to Chris and bled. I hate it.

I try to block it out.

Luckily, I spot Sana by the entrance. I give her a smile, but she keeps her face blank. Once I'm close enough, she grabs my arm and pulls me inside. She doesn't stop walking until we reach an empty classroom.

She closes the door behind us. "Do you know about the pictures?" she asks.

"What pictures?"

There's a hint of concern in Sana's face. As if she's worried about something. Then, she takes a breath and starts talking. "Someone at the party took a picture of you passed out in the bathroom."

I'm trying to take in what she's just said. "What?"

Sana holds her phone out, showing me the picture. I'm on the floor, looking like a mess. The skirt is riding up my thighs. The caption says Nissen's biggest slut.

I'm frozen. I can't breathe. I'm shaking in Sana's arms.

"I'm sorry. I should have been there to help you. I just never thought this would happen."

I can't get any words out. My throat is too dry.

"Do you remember anything at all? Was there anyone in that bathroom with you?"

My stomach twists when I get the flashback. There's only one person I can remember ever being in there with me. I make a desperate, whiny noise. "Chris."

His name makes me break down in tears.

Fucking Chris. He did this. I shouldn't have trusted him.

Who took and started sharing the picture?

Was it really Chris?

xoxo Lauren