Let's Take A Walk

Start from the beginning

"It's fine," you say, glancing at the boy who walks behind you. You see him hunched over, with his eyes staring at the sidewalk. You see him nibble at his lower lip and fidget with the straps of his back pack, he looks really tense and awkward as he struggles to match your pace. You aren't really walking fast at all, but you slow down a little so that way your short legged shadow doesn't have to jog to keep up with you and your long legs. It just now hits you with how confuse and possibly frightened John really is, you mean holy shit. He freaked out this morning when he accidentally ran into you, whenever you pushed those pricks aside like rag dolls he probably thought you were coming after him because of it and now look at him, being escorted home by some guy he probably thinks is going to beat the shit out of him. Poor guy. You instantly regret showing any signs of distress because he does seem like the kind of guy that's really self-conscious and blames himself for anything and everything. Because of this, he'll probably blame himself for you being in such a shit mood and will destroy any chances of you two becoming friends or even talking to one another. You hope this won't make him cry like he did before.

Wait.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You'll admit that John seems like a pretty good guy and has a pretty nice ass and is probably really nice, but with these factors alone you're pretty sure that you two wouldn't be compatible. You feel like John is the complete opposite of you, and now that you think of it, he kinda is? You don't really know the guy enough to say that with absolute certainty, but seeing the way he acts at school then yes, it's safe to assume that he is nothing like you. He also looks like he'd freak out if he saw you doing anything really, then again he freaks out whenever he sees you so it really wouldn't be that big of a difference.

You could really go for a smoke right now, all these thoughts are confusing and annoying you and you're getting sick of them. You know what, fuck it, you're going to. Hopefully John won't freak out and tell Rose; that's the last thing you need.

You swing your grey bag around and swiftly unzip the front pocket, digging your hand in there with hopes of finding your pack and lighter. You really don't smoke that much seeing as cigarettes mostly taste like absolute shit, but in your opinion it helps take off some of your stress that's been piling on your shoulders.

You easily find the pack and soon after you have the plastic lighter in your hand. You pull your hand out, leaving your bag hanging off your shoulder, and open the pack, plucking a cigarette out with your teeth. After that, you close the pack and stuff it back into the front pocket of your bag, not really caring all that much if some of the cigarettes tear or crumple. You then swiftly light your cigarette, guarding it with your hand as you do so, and toss the lighter in your front pocket as you quickly zip it back up. You adjust your backpack onto your other shoulder as you take a drag from the now lit cancer sti-er I mean, cigarette.

You let out a cloud of smoke and turn around to glance at John, who was burning holes in you with a worried expression before hastily gluing his eyes to the sidewalk. You turn back around, oh well.

"Don't tell Rose." You say, sucking in the smoke filled with numerous carcinogens. You'd say you feel better already, but you can't help but feel a little guilty as you're doing this, Rose would literally drop dead, come back to life, and kill you if she ever saw you smoking tobacco.

You think you heard a small 'Okay' coming from John but you're not really sure, it doesn't surprise you though, he's been pretty quiet.

The both of you continue to walk for a few more minutes, your cigarette is now partially made up of ash. Although, you don't really bother with it, you'll just let it fall away on its own. It dawns on you that you still have no idea where the hell you're going but at least Rose's house is in view. Speaking of Rose's house, you see Roxy's car in the driveway, indicating that momma Lalonde is at the nest and probably expecting you to arrive at any moment now. This causes you to stop in your tracks and spit out the cigarette, flattening the joint with the bottom of your shoe and blowing out any excess smoke that may exist in your lungs. You turn around to face John who's trying his best to keep eye contact with you seeing as you probably would want it.