YOUR WARMTH

March 25, 2021
Seoul, South Korea
11:30 PM

Yoongi banged open the elevator and stepped into the stillness of his suite. He threw his keys on the kitchen counter and collapsed on the leather sofa, running his fingers through his recently dyed blonde strands of hair.

Park Jimin.

Who would have thought that even after 5 years he would still have the same effect he'd always had on the musician.

Yoongi's brain was a mess. He couldn't seem to get his heart to beat at a healthy speed. He groaned, and stuffed his face in a pillow, letting out a loud incoherent scream onto the plush material, then disregarded of it by throwing it across the living room, accidentally hitting a porcelain lamp on the corner stand, which ended up on the floor with a loud thump.

Shit.

He stood up as quickly as he could and ran in the direction of the lamp, he internally prayed that it didn't break.

Thank God!

The lamp didn't break, but it did wake up the child that was peacefully sleeping in the bedroom. It probably scared the heck out of her.

"Oppa?" Yoongi shot up on his toes, and turned around to face the sleepy child, the lamp in his hand was been held with a tight grip. Her eyes were partially opened, her jet black hair stuck up in weird angles, and she had a little bit of dried up drool on her chubby cheek. Yoongi tried to put on his best smile, hoping that it would ease her nerves. Thankfully, it worked.

"Why are you holding the lamp?" She covered her mouth with her small hands and tried to suppress the chuckles that threatened to spill out.

"The what?" He asked dumbly, "Oh, oh!" He sighed, setting the unplugged lamp back on the stand, "Um, it fell?" He said.

Her giggles turned into laughter, and Yoongi couldn't help but let a smile form on his lips at at the sound.

Hye Jin's laugh alone was more than enough to make him forget the reason why he was sulking in the first place.

He took lazy steps in the direction of the couch that he was previously seated on and gestured for the small girl to take a seat beside him. She did so within a matter of seconds, but snuggled up on his lap instead.

"You scared me," Yoongi sighed and rubbed his hand on her back, "I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to scare you..." after she said it was okay, and even scolded him for being so loud at night, she fell back to sleep soon after. Quiet snores left her thin lips, and Yoongi took that as a clue that she was probably uncomfortable by the way she was cradled in his arms.

He rose up from the couch and made a bee line to the bedroom where he set down his younger sister and tucked her in. Beside the king bed sat a queen sized bed, which was probably the one where she should be sleeping in, but he didn't care at the end so he just lifted the covers and dropped down inside of them.

As he attempted to close his lids, his thoughts drifted of to think of Jimin, again. Just the thought that the young man had apparently forgotten about him made his heart feel a bit too tight, now thinking that he will have to see him probably very often from now on made him regret ever accepting the deal.