Chapter Two

When the final bell rang, it felt as if I'd been at school for centuries. Korie convinced me to join her in weight training. I tossed my backpack into Sarah's car, changed clothes, and darted to the weight class.

As I walked over to Korie, I studied the room carefully. I recognized a few guys from geometry or a few from chemistry. There were a few unidentified members of the male species, but they weren't whom I was focused on.

"Hey," I heard Grayson's low voice come from my left shoulder. I spun around and had to look up to make eye contact.

"Hi," I managed to sputter.

"Sorry about earlier. I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. I'm Grayson." He paused. "Ethan," he pointed to his twin, "is my brother."

"I would've never guessed," I teased.

His laugh was the most beautiful sound in the entire world. "I didn't catch your name."

"That's because I didn't throw it."

Damn, I'm smooth.

"It's Becca," I added as he stood, studying me. Suddenly, I was self-conscious of every little part of my body. As I wore shorts, my thighs were pale and wide. My t-shirt exposed my freckled arms. I wrapped them around my doughy stomach.

Grayson reached for my wrists with his large hands and pulled them away. "You're beautiful, you know?"

I felt my face flush as I looked down at the carpeted floor.

"Becca!" I heard Korie call from one of the contraptions on the other side of the room.

I shrugged at Grayson and darted off to Korie. "My lady awaits," I joked.

"Well can a guy get a number?"

"He can. It's only a matter of will he."

He grinned. "Touché."