2. confusion

Edited May 25, 2018, suggest skimming through it If you've previously read it

"Where's Nick?" Uni asked looking around. All that surrounded them were trees.

"Oh, I don't know Uni, maybe the big ass house that's right over there!" Cory pointed in the distance towards more trees. His eyes were glazed over, unknown to him or the others. The house, which he has claimed to see, had a green tint to it, making it stick out.

"Uh. Cory, sorry to bust your bubble but, there's no house." Tommy piped in, concern in his voice. Cory looked from Tommy to where he was pointing.

"Yes there is. Its Big and old." He kept starring into the distance. His hand, which gripped a piece of jewelry- he picked it up shortly after entering the compound, finding an attraction to it- tightened.

"Yea Cory, I don't see anything either." Ashlie added moving to stand beside Cory.

"How do you guys not see it?" He asked, disappointment clear in his voice.

"How about you walk us over to this 'house' and take a look at the area?" Uni suggested.

Cory sighed, clearly frustrated."Okay... Okay.. Ugh, yea. Lets just go." He started walking in the direction of the house, everyone following after him.

Ashlie, who was directly behind Cory, noticed the gold locket necklace hanging from his left hand.
"Cory, what's with the locket?" She asked, gesturing to the jewelry.

Without looking down he replied, "I found it lying by a stone. I'm guessing it belongs to the guy who lives here," He looked from left to right, "or used to live here." he re-stated.

Ashlie reached down and grabbed it from his hand. Lifting it up in front of her face, she inspected it. It was old, probably a family airloom that got left behind. She could faintly see her reflection in the metal, enough to see her own eyes flash a light green.

Beyond the necklace, was something very odd, something that wasn't there a moment ago. Through the chains she could see a house, old and in ruins.

"That- that wasn't there a second ago." She stuttered, not knowing how to express the thoughts coming to her mind.

"Ashlie, what wasn't there? Are you ok?" Tommy said, rushing the words out of his mouth. He could faintly see her wobble, looking as if she might pass out.

"Ash... Why don't.. You sit down for a moment?" He said the words slowly, carefully, as if the air from speaking would push her down.

Ashlie nodded slightly but seemed dazed by her discovery.

Instictively, Tommy grabbed one of her hands, which happened to be the hand holding the necklace.

He gasped as soon as he had made contact with the locket. It felt as if a shock of energy had gone through him. He pulled the necklace away from her and tossed it aside.

"Tommy! Why did you throw it?!" Ashlie asked, voice raised with frustration. He pulled her down to sit before answering.

"Because something is wrong with it. Didn't you feel it? It was bad..." He lowered his voice, something had spooked him really bad.

"Tommy, you're superstitious, you're probably just overreacting." She suggested a small sincere smile plastered on her face.

"Maybe you're right, but I don't know Ashlie, it felt really ominous." He half agreed with her.

Cory and Uni were hovering over the necklace that was a few feet away.

"Tommy, look in the general direction of were Cory pointed at." Uni said, curious of the results. Tommy stood, looking at Uni. He moved his gaze to where Cory had pointed at.