Part 14*

Veronica was painting my nails and talking about some dude she thinks cute but my head was with the read head staying on the tend next to ours. I can't stop thinking about him, about the way he was looking at me when we were eating and making fun of Jug for tripping on the lake, he looked hypnotized...I couldn't read his emotions he was just staring showing no emotion. Then when I hugged him goodnight he squeezed me so thigh against his body,putting his head on my shoulder living a kiss there,making me forget how to breath, my skin was still burning on that spot, how am I supposed to stop feeling and just stay his friend with him being like this? I can't let him go but I can't bring him closer. I don't know what to do with him. He's way too much for me, the way he touches me, speaks...everything he does is too much.

"Babe are you listening? Oh god...Emma....babe why are you crying?"

She holed me thigh playing with my hair, I closed my eyes and just stayed like that thinking about everything. I only have two options...go and tell him everything and he just breaks my heart and tells me to stay away from him, or I can stay like this breaking myself instead of him. Either way I'll end up with my heart broken. Now I just need to decide if I can handle his rejection by telling him everything or not. Can I live without him as my best friend? Can I do this to Betty again and break our group for once? Can I do this to Jug and V? Live them again knowing it was my fault and that I can't have them back again? I can't lose them again...I can't lose all of them, I need to let this go. Everything. I need to forget him at all cost I can't lose my friends forever for a stupid crush, I'm not making the same mistake he did for that teacher of him. I'm not losing them to him. Boys came and go, friends like this don't.

***

I know this sound...this sobs....I'd heard it before. Emma. I got up as fast as I could and made my way to Ronnie's tend. What happened? Was her mom? God if something happened to her mother....she can't handle that. I stopped at the entrance noticing my name coming out of her mouth, making my stomach turn. The way she says my name makes my body tense instantly every time she does it, sounds different when she says it, makes me nervous every time and relaxed at the same time. But this time the way she said it made me tensed but not in a good way, she sounded so hopeless, broken saying my name...as if saying it brins her pain. I put my head closer to the tend trying to hear their conversation.

"...I just can't do this anymore V it's killing me inside. He's perfect, he treats me right and makes me feel things I never felt before but I can't risk losing you all in the middle you know? What if all he sees in me is a friend and I'm just mixing everything up? What if everything ends up badly? I can't just break our group again....Betty would be so disappointed, I would lose her and then Jug for hurting her that much and then you...I can't lose you all...you are everything to me V you guys are my best friends. Without you I would be all alone again I don't want that I can't lose Archie and you guys too.....I can handle him breaking my heart but knowing that I was the cause to the end of our group of our friendship...that would kill me. I can't do this anymore...I need to forget him and move one....i need to but he's always there, always reminding me why I feel this way. Always reminding me why I like him this much. Everything he does makes me fall even harder for him and it's breaking me...I can't Ronnie...I just....i just can't...it's too much for me...I can't."

"Don't forget me....please don't"