Ch. 16 "Being competitive totally brings out the dork in you"

The ping from my phone waken me from my slumber. I grab my phone to see that it is a message from Magnus,

Hey babe. Go get ready for our date which will begin at 11:30. I will come and pick you up.

I grin as I read this then reply,

Ok.

After replying I get up and paddle across my room so I can get to my bathroom. From there I jump into the shower, brush my teeth and get dress in my dress shirt and jeans then leave my room. As I enter the kitchen, I see that my mom and dad are there.

"Morning," I greet them.

"Morning," they reply.

It's been three weeks since the almost wedding and they are still adjusting to me being gay.

"Got any plans for today?"

"Well," I begin. " I am going out with Magnus today."

"Okay," my mom replies as she turn back to the stove. Once she's done cooking she put some on my plate, my dad's and finally her's.

"Well have fun with your friend," my mom states.

I just sigh.

"Mom, Magnus is not a friend. He's my boyfriend. I know you and dad need time to adjust to this and I will give you time."

My mom just nods in agreement as my dad sighs.

"Well go have fun with Magnus alright?"

"Alright," I reply as I get up so I can put the dishes into the dishwasher.

"Bye," I say to my parents as I leave through the door.

"Bye," my parents reply.

As soon as I close the door behind me, Magnus show up in his car and roll down the window.

"Ready to go?"

"Hell yeah," I reply as I get in and greet Magnus with a kiss.

"Cool," he states as he pull away from the curb. "I have a surprise for you today?"

"What is it?" I asks puzzled.

"Well you will just have to wait and see what I plan for you for our date."

"Ok," I reply.

He continues to drive.

"How's your parents taking it?" He asks me.

"They are getting there I think." I reply.

"I know," Magnus replies. "Just give them as much as needed."

"I will," I reply as Magnus pulls into a parking lot after fifteen minutes of driving.

I look around to see that we are at speed zone.

"This is awesome," I exclaim as I hug him.

"I take it you like it?"

"I love it," I reply grinning.

"Good well you're going down."

"Really?" I ask. "I highly doubt that."

"Let's go see then" Magnus replies as we both go into speed zone hand in hand.

Magnus sign us in and and grin.

"Hope you are ready."

"Oh I was born ready," I reply as we get settle in and get into our go carts. As soon as the person handling the go kart signal that everyone can start. We all start taking off however Magnus and I got out first. We are tied but around the corner I take off and start doing laps with Magnus behind me. I keep going but Magnus catch up. However on the last lap I move ahead of Magnus and won. When I get out I did a little dance and grin