Ch 2: Aftermath

A/N Here is a picture of Zac Efron who will play Magnus Baker.

Three weeks after Alec's accident, Magnus wakes up with a start and looks around and realizes that he is in his room. He sighs. He takes some time to relax and reflects on his life. He misses Alec and wants to visit him in the hospital everyday but he was forbidden to do that because Alec's parents do not want him in Alec's life. Not only that but there there is some guilt that he holds onto. The what if still haunts him. What if he stops Alec from getting into the car. What if? What if he put down his foot and insist that Alec stay home and that they will hang out the day after. But he shouldn't think like that. Magnus always wonder how Alec is. Anyways Magnus finally get an interview as an intern at an engineering program that he works so hard for.

In a year, he slowly build up his resume and the company take a liking to him. They hire him as an engineer where he gets to work with the parts that will help build satellite that will keep watch over the country. He finally becomes the head of a program where he gets to sell and pitch ideas to the military on the items and satellites to let them know about what is going on around the world and if there are any threats that will be set in motion towards the United States after working with the company for 11 months. After working with the company for two more years, Magnus finally get to be the youngest executive of the company at the age of 25 due to the fact that former CEO takes a liking to him but also see that Magnus have the potential to be the head of the company. He moves out of his childhood home and into with his co work/best Leonardo "Leo," after a couple of years to be near the company. As a CEO, he gets to run the company and look over not only two projects but also over the entire company as well. He also loves making sure that the company is during well along with the fact that the company continue to keep their clients happy.

---
Courtney and David still work at their respective jobs. During their lunch breaks and the weekends, they make sure that they visit Alec. They also visit Alec whenever they are free as well. David and Courtney still struggle with the idea that their son is gay because they are in denial about it.
"Maybe Alec is confuse," David says as he's having dinner one night.
"He is David," Courtney says as she looks at her husband. "He is 22 almost 23 years old. I am sure he knows that he is straight. We will do everything we can to help him."
"Ok," David says quietly.
"Okay. Good," Courteney states to her husband. She gets up and grab the both dinner plates and rinse it. She the finally puts them in the dishwasher.
She kiss him good night.
"I will see you in bed okay,?" Courtney says.
"Alright," David says grinning. Courtney notices that her husband is texting someone.
"Who are you texting?" she asks.
"Oh just Andrew asking me if he want to go to dinner with him and his family."
"I will think about it," Courtney says. "I just not ready to leave Alec side yet."
"I know," David says. "It's been months now. So I think that he will get out of it soon."
"Alright," Courtney says. She then walks upstairs to get ready for bed. As soon as she is upstairs, David turns on the TV and continues to watch it until 1:30 when he finally decides to get ready for bed and go to sleep.
Over the next few weeks, Courtney and David visits with David's boss's family and go out to dinner with them. David talks with his boss while his wife talks with the boss's wife and daughter, Ashely. Throughout dinner, Courtney and David take a likening to Ashely. In their mind, Ashley is kind, respectful and a great girl over. Even though they don't know it at the the moment, they are consider in the back of their minds that she can be the one for Alec and will be able to change Alec's liking from guys to girls. However, Alec is in a coma.
Courtney and David continue to visit Alec. Weeks turn into months and eventually months turns into years. Alec is still in a coma and his parents have been battling with each other and the doctors on whether to let Alec go or not.
---
-Three years later-
I wake up with a start and I can not breath. I'm gasping for air when someone comes in and remove something from my mouth.
My mouth is dry.
"W-w-water," I stutter.
She rushes over to get the water and give it to me.
I drink it, slowly.
"Where am I?" I ask. "What happen?"
The woman is pretty and is around 5'5, 5'6, brown hair and brown eyes.
"You are in the hospital Alec. You were in a car accident and was in the coma. But you are okay now."
"Where are my parents?" I ask.
"There will be here soon."
Soon enough my parents come rushing in.
"Alec ," my mom exclaims. "You are okay."
"Yeah," I say wincing at the noise she just made out of excitement. "My head just hurt."
"Hey champ," my dad says grinning.
"Hey dad," I reply, smiling.
"Are you alright?" my dad asks.
"Yeah," I say. "Just a killer headache."
"Ok Al," my mom says. "I am going to talk to the nurses with you dad to see what is going on.
"Ok," I say.
My parents left my room, leaving me alone.
---
Courtney turns to the nurse. "What is going on with him. Why doesn't he remember anything that happen?"
"He have retrograde amnesia. So he cannot remember some things that may lead up to the accident. He will be able to get them back with time. However, it is selective so he will be able get them back when he feels like it is time.
"Okay," David says. "So what do we do?"
"You guys go about your life like nothing happen. He will need some help but it will be all okay. He is young so he will be able to get those memories back in no time."
"Okay," Courtney says. "Thank you."
"You are welcome," the nurse says. She turns to go help with the other patients.
"Well at least Alec is alright and alert," Courtney says.
"Yeah," David replies.
"We will go through with the plan that we discuss. Don't worry," Courtney says looking at her husband.
"Okay," David replies.
"Now, we have our son back. Let's go see him okay?"
"Okay," David says.
Courtney and David go back to see their son and visit him until it is time to leave.

A/N:

So in this chapter, how do you feel about it? Do you think Alec's parents get to have a say in Alec's life choice?