Burning sage

My phone buzzed in my pocket for the fiftieth time today and I look at the caller with a scowl. Caroline. Her and Elena have combined efforts to annoy the hell out of me. So far I have about thirteen missed calls and twenty seven text messages me. I scrolled through some of them.

Elena-Please pick up your phone Ari, I want to talk to u!

Caroline-I no it wasn't right wat we did but please talk to us Ari!

Elena-This is getting ridiculous, you aren't thay mad r u? I'm sorry, please pick up!

I sigh, turn my phone on silent and throw it on the couch. There persistence was admirable, but not going to work. However I slightly felt bad about going off on Elena last night, but if anything she got exactly what she deserved. I hadn't had the chance to see Caroline but I guess that was just luck on her part. I hurry to get ready for the day when the door opened abruptly, Klaus walking in with an impatient Kol waiting outside.

"Kol and I are going to the grill, want to come?" He asks, leaning against the door frame.

"Do you really have to invite your girlfriend to guys night?" He asks in annoyance.

"If I don't you'll probably annoy me to death." He growls out in annoyance. I roll my eyes.

"I'd annoy you to death, Nikky. And I'd say yes but this is a good bonding experience for you two brothers and plus i've already got plans." I reply.

"Oh? Aren't you mad at Elena and Caroline and practically everyone else?" He asks, raising an eyebrow questioningly. I sigh.

"Yes and I plan to make them suffer for quite some time. My plans don't include them." I answer simply.

"And who do they include?" He asks curiously.

"Not that it's any of your business, I have plans with Bekah." I respond.

"Aw our lovely strump of a sister." Kol says with a smirk.

"Be nice Kol, have you never heard the saying hell hath no fury like a woman scorned? I'm sure if she really wanted she'd tear your throat out and I'd probably help her." I say.

"Someone's feeling extra mean today, who sprinkled pissy pills on your cereal?" He asks. I flick him in the forehead.

"Idiot. Stop being so obnoxious. Now shoo both of you I already have to deal with one doppleganger, a barbie vampire and an annoyed original named Rebekah I don't need to deal with both of you as well." I snip.

"I thought you would've wanted to hang out with Nik, he is your boyfriend." Kol says.

"He is not. Now goodbye and good riddance." I say, shoving Klaus out the door and slamming the door in their faces. I sigh in relief once their gone and finish getting ready and then grab a blood bag and pour it into a colored water bottle. I grab my car keys and hurry over to the mansion where Elijah and Bekah are waiting. I walk upstairs and grab the sage and turn to the others with a nod.

"Yep, definitely burning Sage. I'm guessing if you want answers about what happened you should go straight to Elena." I say with an exasperated sigh. Elijah nods.

"I thought so. Is there anything else you can do to identify what happened?" He asked. I shake my head, a frustrated look crossing my face.

"No. Esther knew I might go digging around to find out what actually happened, so she specifically stopped me from using any spells that might help to find out what happened. Your best bet is talking to Elena and if needed, use force to find out. But even if Elena tells you the truth, I highly doubt it'll do much to stop it by itself. You'll need to make something happen. Best bet is capture Elena and use that to get the Salvatore brothers to do your dirty work." I say, shaking my head.