Chapter 45

Author's note - Hey guys I just want to clear something up. In the previos chapter this line; 'The main door opened followed by a light footsteps to the intruder's room with a sound of closing the door.' prompts the entry of Seeya in the apartment quietly because she was avoiding Vishal and Nidhi. As for the last paragraph... Well you'll have to keep reading to know.
______________________________________

     "Did you talk to William?" Vishal asked Seeya after taking a sip from his latte. In reply she just pouted before stuffing her face with the muffin she'd ordered with her latte. "Chhoti." He pushed again after waiting a few minutes for her to reply but not getting any. He called her again in a serious tone gaining her attention. Seeya sighed, knowing all-too-well he wasn't going to give up until she answered. "I called him last night to invite him for dinner and we talked a little but he seemed a off and when again I called this morning he said he was busy and he had to go. When I said 'I love you' he just said  'love you too'. That's it. I just don't know what's going on with him."  Seeya slumped her shoulders and released a breath.
          Vishal and Seeya were sitting in a cozy cafe after an evening stroll in Hyde Park.  It was mid March and the summer was almost here resulting in a beautiful sunny days. Vishal had brought Seeya out in hopes to lift her mood but it wasn't really working. Except Seeya couldn't really enjoy them. It was almost three weeks after that whole incident. For a last couple of weeks William had been acting weird. It was as if he was pulling out. In the almost six months of dating he'd never hung up the before saying I love you after the first time he said it to her but recently it had happened twice. To others it may seem petty but to her it wasn't. Because being with him as much as she had, he never failed a chance to express his feelings for her and vice-a-versa. It was concerning and a little confusing. He was confusing because whenever they were alone he was his usual self with her but when in company of others he'd almost shut himself. She tried giving him time but she was running out of patience and her wayward thoughts weren't helping. 
            "Maybe it's work. He is after all a man who has a lot on his shoulders" Vishal suggested trying to excuse William's behaviour. It wasn't really an excuse for it could be true. "But Will never lets his work get in between us no matter how stressful. In fact he'd be more than happy to be with me because he says it's his off time." Seeya sulked before taking a bite from Vishal's chocolate pastry that was way better than her muffin. Vishal swatted her hand when she tried taking the complete thing but simply shook his head when she took a good chunk in her spoon of the pastry. She just looked at him with puppy eyes and as usual he gave up, giving the pastry to her muttering under his breath. Watching her almost lick the last of it was amusing. "Come on, we need to get going. It's six and William will be reaching in an hour." Getting out of cafe they walked the fifteen minute way.
          The knock on the door had Seeya's heart flutter. She was going to see him after three days, eleven hours and two minutes. Not that she was counting but it had been long. Too long for her without his touch and kisses. She stopped Vishal signalling she'll open the door to do so. Her heartbeat skyrocketed as usual at the sight of him in his suit with his jacket hanging on his arm and his hair ruffled from running his hair through it all day. "Hey", she breathed. "Hey", he mumbled before swooping and kissing her and ending it all too soon. Not waiting for her to invite him in, he put a hand to her back walking to the living room where Vishal was lounging watching highlights of a cricket match. At the sight of them he stood up shaking hands with William before offering a seat while Seeya went to get a beer for them. A few minutes later Nidhi announced for dinner that passed quickly with light conversations. After dessert they all moved to the living room, the guys nursing scotch as Nidhi excused herself for her daily Skype call to her fiance. William and Seeya sat on the couch with his arm behind her head on the head support while Vishal made himself comfortable on a single seater sofa adjacent them. It was silent as they watched another highlights. Seeya wanted to talk badly to William but he was not making it easy that made an anxious Seeya. Sensing her eyes on him, Vishal turned to her understanding to make himself scarce but as she was signalling him, William caught them taking the communication in a suspicious way. Not able to stand it anymore he stood up finally and blurted out, "How long have you both been fooling around for?" His tone did not mean their pranks. 
           As soon as he uttered those words the accused party each had a different reaction. First was to laugh but a minute later when they noticed a grave William, Vishal choked on his scotch as Seeya squeaked a 'What the fuck' while standing up and going behind the couch. This confirmed his suspicion. As he was about to walk out Vishal jumped in action to mend the situation that was seemingly arising. His friend was apparently still trying to understand as she wasn't trying to defend herself. Hence stepped in stopping William with a hand on his front but earned a punch in the gut that knocked the wind out of him. Damn the man could punch, Vishal thought as he clutched his stomach where the man had punched him. Snapping out of her shock of William's accusation, she ran to Vishal throwing an angry glare at the guilty. Her act caused William to get livid if that was even possible. Simply shaking his head he took deep breaths to calm down before he said something that he'd regret. As he moved to get out of the place Seeya pointed at him and shouting, "Stop right there" which made him do exactly the same.
              Shouting at William or anyone was never Seeya but today was different. She helped Vishal to lie down on the couch and lifted his Tshirt to check for a bruise. She handed him an ice pack before turning, taking two steps towards William and raised her eyebrows. She pointed behind her and asked, "What the fuck is wrong with you?" All her anger returned full force that paid no heed to her language "What is wrong with me you ask? I'll tell you. I won't be taken for a fool. Obviously there is something going on between you two and I want to know where do I lack that you still go to him? Is it the sex? Did you want to experience it with someone else? Or was it that you always wanted to do it with him but you were too innocent for him? Tell me what is it." He bellowed releasing an angry breath but relieved to finally get it out of his chest. Seeya heard him loud and clear. It was hard not to. And it made her angry. Furious even. And the only way to stop the anger from consuming her was to hurt back. So she started hitting his chest and arms. "You ass! How could you think that?!" and she cursed him in her language all the while raining her fists on him. Holding her arms to her side he pulled her close and pinned her with an angry glare. "How could I think that? You always talk about him. About how amazing he is and now that he's here you're always with  him. And him sleeping in your bedroom is not what normal friends do. On top of that you've been putting off moving in with me for weeks when before you were all excited about it. What happened, huh? Am I not enough? Is my love not enough?" William ended softly, allowing Seeya to see his pain and insecurities. She sighed and put a hand to his cheek as he'd loosened his hold on her arms. "Will, what happened suddenly that made you doubt me? You should know I wouldn't do that to you. Not only because I love you but also because I know how it feels to fooled by the person you love. Vishal is a dear friend. Like a brother and I can never imagine him in that way. It'll be too gross." She wrinkled her nose at the same time Vishal groaned 'please, I'll die before you can even think about it'. "Chup kar, kutte! Ye sab Teri wajah se hua hai!" She scolded him before turning to her man and looking in his eyes. "I love you. You mean the world to me and seeing you hurt would kill me. You're the only one for me. And I would never fool with you. Do you understand?" The sincerity and love in her eyes was too genuine to not believe in. So he nodded before wrapping her tight in his arms, face buried in her hair. He'd definitely missed her and was not gonna take any chance to distance her again. Pulling his face back a little his lips found hers kissing her like a starved man and she was his meal. They would'nt have noticed anything else around them if not for a loud groan from the couch pulling them apart. Seeya rolled her eyes before turning to Vishal, "What?" She flared her nose at him. "Dude, I'm all for vouching for your fairytale but keep your love away from my innocent eyes. I mean it's so gross, exchanging germs." He shivered as if the image grossed him. Albeit it actually did as he saw his bestfriend being almost devoured in front of him. But whatever. Seeya huffed before muttering 'as if you haven't kissed a girl let alone have sex' thinking he didn't hear her but he did. And he defended himself saying he was a pure virgin to which just laughed and flipped him the bird. Observing the banter between William could actually see their depth of their bond. It was a genuine connection of bestfriends if not more like that of siblings. The jealousy and insecurities had blinded him from acknowledging their friendship that had him lashing out. He accepted he was wrong. He should've known the facts instead of just trusting someone's words. He should've talked about it like a mature person. And he had to apologize. Going to Vishal, he offered his hand apologizing that was accepted before bumping fists like college kids. But one thing that still nagged him was why would Nidhi try and manipulate his relationship with Seeya.