Chapter 13

William watched as she ate her vegetarian cheese burger without a care about gaining weight. He was shocked to find out she was a complete vegetarian. He had known that she was an Indian and a lot of Indians are vegetarian but he hadn't thought of her to be one. She was happily eating her burger with some french fries and a soda. He was glad that she enjoyed eating. He hated the kind of girls who'd starve themselves to maintain their figure. It was ridiculous. Wiping her hands and mouth with a tissue as she was done, she cleared her throat. A twin red spots had settled on her cheeks permanently from when she'd realised of their closeness at the banks and her behaviour on him coming back. "So would you explain how you came back from the dead?" She asked awkwardly. He chuckled and took her hand in his leading her out of the McDonalds. He again settled her in his car and went to driver's seat. Once on the road he asked, more like stated. "We're going for a drive." A few minutes later he spoke again. "I had an important business to attend in New York. It was a deal that could take my company to a whole new level of success. The business can get dirty if needed. My biggest rivaling company got the news about the deal and in order to get the deal for themselves they planned to take me down. I got to know about that from an insider there and so I too made a plan and beat them at their game." He spoke as he drove her around the city. She turned to him still confused. "But the media said that a body was found in the car and it was you. Obviously it wasn't then who was he? And how did not the police find out?"
"I am much more powerful then you can imagine. To get a closure on the deal I remained incognito as to not hint the rivals I was alive. A call from a man in London had police keep their mouth shut. The body was already of a dead person with no family or friends. It was all arranged. No one actually died in the accident. Seeya," he looked at her seriously, "Listen to me. Dont tell this to anyone, okay? Not even your room mate. If she asks, tell her you don't know anything. And don't trust anyone new. Its for your own safety." He said seriously squeezing her hand gently. "Okay." She whispered nodding her head, her eyes wide. He squeezed her hand reassuringly. A comfortable silence fell upon them which was broken by Seeya after a couple of minutes. "What is it that you actually do that can get so 'dirty'?" She asked hesitantly. "My work isn't dirty. But the competition to be the best gets dirty. I build five star hotels, resorts and restaurants around the world. The business has been in the Brown family for decades. Politicians and governments from different countries come to me proposing deals for me to build a hotel or resort to upgrade their tourism. It could get 'dirty' if it somehow negatively affects the rival company or a person of high interest." He said looking ahead. "Okay." She drawled the word. Againa few minutes later she spoke. "So you say that you actually own the Browns Company?" She asked overwhelmed. "Yes. I do." He said looking at her trying assess her thoughts. He tried finding something like greed or dollar signs in her eyes but he couldn't. All he saw was how overwhelmed she was when she actually accepted who he was. That was what he wanted. He thanked god she was nothing like Gina. The thought of that girl disgusted him. A low whistle from between her lips destracted him. Her lips had formed a small 'O' which almost looked like a heart and her face was scrunched up. He wanted to taste her lips. Wanted to feel if they were as soft as they looked. She frowned at him and he realised she'd caught him staring at her lips as her blush deepened. He smiled at concentrated on the road.
Seeya's phone suddenly rang and she looked at the caller I.D. Seeing it was Nidhi calling her ,she answered the call. Seeya pulled away the phone from her ear. William understood why as he too heard the voice of her room mate angrily asking Seeya where the hell she was. "Damn. Hold your horses Nidz. I'm with William... No... I'll explain later... Yeah I'll be home soon. Bye." She ended the call and sighed.
"I'll drop you home." William said thoughtfully. "Yeah" she whispered. They rode to her apartment in comfortable silence. As they reached her door, she turned around facing him. He'd insisted on walking her to the door and ensure she was in safely. She didnt meet his eyes and looked at a button on his white shirt. Oh so she was a shy girl. He walked closer to her pulled her to him, his hands on her waist. He kept his gaze on her daring her to meet his eyes. She didn't want to look into his eyes but she did. Big mistake. His face was too close to her own as he leaned his face down to her level. His eyes were staring intensely into hers. She blushed. Never had a man made her feel the flutters she was feeling right now. He brought her more closer and automatically her hands went to his waist. He leaned down some more and kissed the corner of her mouth lingering his lips there for a moment. He looked at her face for a reaction. Her eyes were closed tightly and he could feel her breathing faster. He was about to kiss her again when she was suddenly yanked back. Nor her neither him had heard the door opening. Nidhi stood in front of Seeya protectively glaring at him. "She has college to attend tomorrow. Bye." Before he could even reply she closed the door on his face. He could here her asking all sorts of questions to Seeya. He shook his head and simply turned around and left.
"What the hell is going on? I thought he was dead. Tell me now whats happening." Nidhi exclaimed angrily. "I dont know too what happened. He told me that it was a misunderstanding when he was on a business trip to New York. Its all sorted now. Or that is what he told me." Seeya lied facing away from Nidhi walking into the kitchen. "Oh. I see." But clearly Nidhi wasn't convinced nonetheless let it go. "Anyways Veer called and guess what? I'm going to the Hawaii with him on vacation." Nidhi said cheerfully. Veer Singh was Nidhi's fiance who lived in California. He was a lawyer like Nidhi and worked at a respected firm. They had a long distance relationship but they loved each other no matter what. "Thats amazing and you guys deserve it. So when are you going?" Seeya asked happy for her. "Oh about that. We're going in the second week of november. Thats the only time Veer is free before christmas and we have plans for christmas already. I tried if we could go after or before that but he can't have a leave. I'm sorry." Nidhi said apologetically. So Nidhi wouldn't be there for Seeya's college show. But Nidhi and Veer needed this vacation. They rarely met except for holidays and Seeya couldn't come in between them. She smiled softly at Nidhi. "Its okay. I'll be okay. You enjoy with him." Nidhi came and hugged her. "I love you babysis." Seeya's eyes welled up. "I love you too." She pulled away wishing Nidhi a goodnight and disappeared into her room.