Chapter 7

A constant noise of utensils woke Seeya up from her slumber. Her eyes felt like it had sandpaper in it. She looked at the clock and saw it was eleven thirty in the morning. 'I never slept this late'. The memories of last night came to her mind and a wave of fresh tears appeared again. She didnt know why she was hurt so much but she was. It wasn't like they were in a relationship and he cheated on her. 'It damn feels like that' she thought. 'No. I will not cry over a lying ass.' She soon made her way to the washroom and did her morning duties. Still in her pjs she walked out to the kitchen to find Nidhi cooking her favourite Indian recipe for lunch. "Goodmorning sleeping beauty" Nidhi said cheerfully. "Morning" Seeya mumbled back. "You look like hell." Nidhi said after observing Seeya for a few minutes. "Gee thanks for the boost." She replied back sarcastically putting her head in her hands. Ignoring her Nidhi said, "Lunch is ready. And then get ready because we're going shopping." Her cheerfulness was infectious as a few moments latervSeeya was laughing and chatting happily with her. After finishing their lunch, they disappered into their bedrooms to get ready. They took turns showering and dressed in casual clothes were out of the door in half an hour. Riding in Nidhi's old volkswagon, they loudly sang the lyrics of old Bollywood songs enjoying themselves. They soon enough reached the mall and were already in shop no.1 starting their shopping spree. 
         "Come on. I'm tired now." Seeya whined. "One last shop, I promilse." Nidhi was already walking into the said shop. "You've been saying that for the last hour." But Seeya's complain fell into deaf ears. They had been in so many shops that Seeya had lost count. Not that she didn't love shopping but with Nidhi it was exhausting. She had to buy everything matching for even one thing she bought. Half an hour later they emerged with a satisfied Nidhi and a very tired Seeya.
       "We are going out for dinner at a new place that opened a few blocks away from our house. Its amazing. You'll love it.  " Nidhi said happily sitting down at a table, setting her tray down. But Seeya was already hogging her food ignoring everything else. After another going into another shop finally happy and satisfied with her purchases, they had stopped at starbucks for coffee and some light snack. Seeya was completely drained out after hours of shopping. It wasn't like she'd bought a lot. Just a pair of jeans, a dress and a pair of heels which were all on sale and in her budget. She couldn't afford it and she didn't have rich parents like Nidhi. On the way home Seeya had almost passed out . Reaching home they departed once again to get ready for their dinner plans. Seeya dressed up in a pair of jeans and a crop top with knee length boots she completed the look with a blood red designer coat Vishal had given her for Diwali. She applied some eyeliner and a touch of lip gloss. She was not a much make-up kind of girl. Getting out of her bedroon she called for Nidhi who was dressed in a similar attire like Seeya just she was wearing black peep toe platform heels and a black & white coat. This time they decided to walk to the restaurant for it was only a short distance. Seeya again had that eery feeling that someone was following her . This time following her instinct, when she turned around a rather bulky and tall man was in a suit a block away following them. She had seen the guy many times around her and sometimes even caught him staring at her like he was stalking her. She hardly had walked a block when she saw the guy following them again from the corner of her eye. She turned around leaving a confused Nidhi behind and went to him. "Why are you following me? I've seen you many times following me? What do you want?" The man remained expresionless not meeting her eyes just looking above her. He towered her by surely a foot or maybe more. "Tell me now who are you or else I'll drag you to the police." He still didnt answer just stood there like a pole with stoic face. Out of frustration of everything she punched his stomach but instead hurt her own hand. Damn he has some abs. Holding her she cried, "Gah! Who are you and what do you want?"
But still he just stood there as if no one had punched him. Probably he didn't even feel it. "Screw the world!" Seeya muttered under her breath turning around again and leaving him trying very hard to suppress an amused grin. He understood why his master was going crazy now.
          "I hate the world! I just wanna squeeze and squash it. I'll then boil it in hot oil and sprinkle red chillies. And then....." Seeya continued ranting. "Stop it right now. What is wrong with you? First you suddenly turn around striding to a complete stranger and then you punch him who is twice your size. God you are going insane!" Nidhi finally scolded her like a naughty child deserved. Seeya opened her mouth to speak but Nidhi cut her of. "No. I know you are all angry about the William thing but you'll not behave like a five year old. Now eat your food." Seeya scowled but obeyed and ate her food. As soon as they were finished they shared the bill and were walking home again when a van pulled up beside them. The back seat door opened and two men ran towards them. One was holding back Nidhi and another guy who was the same from earlier threw Seeya over his shoulder and put her into the back getting in behind her. Seeya kept hitting his back to no avail. Nidhi tried to free herself by clawing the guy's face but nothing happened, the man holding her was too strong. He let her go and quickly climbed in the passenger seat as the car sped off. She fished her phone out and called 911. "911. What's your emergency?" A voice asked. "My friend is kidnapped. We were walking home after having dinner and just a block after a van came out of nowhere and she is kidnapped." "Ma'am do not panic. A team will be there soon." "Thankyou" and the phone call ended. Soon a few minutes later a police car came and two officers emerged. They asked her about whatever she saw and told her to go home. That they will contact her if they find something. Also that she should call them immediately if the kidnapper calls for ransom. Thanking them again she went home dreading if she should call him or not. Vishal's gonna kill me.
          As the day passed, William got more and more frustrated and started planning all sorts of things to get her back. He had gone to her apartment only to return back. He'd then called Andrew asking about her whereabouts. He couldn't work, or pay attention to anything else except her. He was going insane. And when in the evening Andrew informed her what she had done, a smile appeared on his face for a moment before replaced by a scowl. 'She's angry at me and wouldn't even let me see her let alone explain myself. No he won't, he can't lose her. Not now, not ever.' So he made a call and put his plan into action. Maybe he was taking a risk but he was a risk taker and he would take his chances.
       Her hands were tied behind her as soon as they got into the van and a black blindfold was tied in front of her eyes. She didnt know what was happening but she was kidnapped for a reason unknown to her. She didn't want to die like this. She hoped it was all a bad dream. She wanted to cry and hug Nidhi to reassure herself nothing is happening to her but she couldn't. It wasn't a dream. She was really kidnapped. The van suddenly stopped and she was once again picked up. The person started walkimg down maybe a slope. She could feel the touch of leaves. Soon he stopped and was talking to someone. She was aware of water lapping against maybe rocks or something concrete. She was suddenly put down and heard the man walking away. He hands were suddenly free and the blindfold around her eyes was off. She was scared and afraid to find out where she was but as soon as she opened her eyes, to say she was shocked would be an understatement.