Chapter Thirty

"Mom was rushed to the hospital." Jaejoong stated after having a conversation over the phone with someone.

"What happened?" Dara looked worried.

"She was complaining of chest pain since last night according to Butler Jaeri. They wanted to make sure it won't lead to heart attack so they decided to bring her to the hospital."

They were already outside the house and were about to ride the car when Jaejoong received a call from home.

"Your Mom needs you there, Jae."

"What about the presentation?"

"We can manage."

"Are you sure?"

"Your Mom's condition is more important than anything else. I'll also visit her after the presentation."

"I'll drive you there."

She shook her head. "Let's just drive separately. Mom might be looking for you by now."

"You sure you'll be okay?"

"Sure." She smiled. "Update me about her status, okay?"

"Alright."

"Go now. Tell her I'll be there later."

"I will."

Dara asked another car key from one of the guards after Jaejoong left and drove off to their office.

*************

"Why am I not seeing Mr. Kim?" Jiyong asked after everyone gathered in one of the board rooms for the presentation.

"I'm sorry Mr. Kwon. My husband's not gonna make it today. His Mom was rushed to the hospital and he needed to see her."

"Who's going to conduct the presentation?"

"I will... together with our team." Dara hesitantly looked at him.

"Are you equipped with all the information necessary?" Jiyong challenged.

"I am, Mr. Kwon. I am part of the team. I assure you I can handle the presentation."

"If you say so." Jiyong shrugged. "The floor is yours." He said and comfortably laid his back on the backrest of the swivel chair.

The presentation went smoothly. There's just one thing Jiyong has noticed.

Dara's forehead crumpled most of the time that goes together with her crinkled nose.

From someone else's vision, these may just seem as ordinary gestures. But Jiyong knew better especially that he's been with her for so long in the past.

'What's bothering her? Is it my presence?... Possibly. She keeps on pursing her lips, too. It's not like her to be nervous in presenting something.' He studied her actions while she was talking.

'Yah! Kwon Jiyong! Stop focusing on her and just keep your head straight to the presentation. You're here to see what they can offer, not worry about a woman who's not worthy of your attention.' He reprimanded himself.

Dara looked at one of the members of the team who mouthed something that Jiyong didn't clearly understand. Dara slightly nodded with a little grimace on her face, not wanting to let anybody else notice.

"Is there something you would like to share with the people inside this room, Mrs. Kim? Are you not that confident with what you're reporting?"

"That's not..." Dara was about to reply when the person whom she was looking at earlier spoke.