{10}

Flashback: 10 years ago........

"Alright kids, it's recess!" Cheers were heard from Ms. Quinn's preschool class. Little Amanda Gutierrez rushed to the playground, running as fast as her little legs could take her.

She reached the slide but was unfortunately in the back of the line. She huffed but patiently waited her turn. After a few minutes of waiting it was finally Amanda's turn. She giggled and was about to sit at the edge and let go when someone pulled her back.

It was Ethan Diaz, the meanest boy in Pre-K. "Ethan it was my turn!" Amanda whines, her eyes creating tears.

"Too bad! It's my turn now!" He goes down the slide with his friends following after him. Amanda sniffles and runs off, away from the playground.

She sits on a little field of grass, which is still in the Pre-K area and starts to cry.

"Are you okay?" Amanda turns to see a little girl looking at her.

"Yeah I'm fine, but some boys took my spot on the slide." Amanda answers.

"It's ok, boys are just mean. Cmon, play with me." The little girl offers Amanda her hand and she takes it.

"What are you playing?" Amanda asks as they made their way to the little girl's play area.

"I'm playing inventow, I'm gonna be that when I gwow up." The little girl still had a baby voice and mispronounced some words but smiled proudly.

"So cool!" Amanda laughs.

"What's your name?"

"Hawley." Harley answers with her cute mispronunciation.

"I'm Amanda." Amanda greets. Once the girls introduced each other they started to play "inventor" with the pretend tools.

"Wow Hawley! Your inventions are amazing!" Amanda says as Harley stared to sketch out some ideas.

"They are yours too!" Harley signs her name, well some scribbles since she didn't know how to write her name yet and also wrote Amanda's name in scribbles as well.

"They are our inventions now." Harley giggles and starts to color with the crayons.

The girls continued to draw and giggle until the last few minutes of recess. "Ok girls, time to clean up." One of the teachers' assistant told them as they groaned but put everything in its place.

"That was fun! We should play together every day!" Harley yells in excitement.

"Yeah!" Amanda agrees.

"Wait!"

Amanda runs to the little field of grass again and picked two beautiful pink flowers. She ran back to Harley and put it in her hair.

"This is our best fwend flower...so we always know we will best fwends!" Little Amanda giggled and Harley did too. Harley hugs the girl and receives one in return.

"Harley, Amanda! Snack time!" Ms. Quinn yells and they run towards the classroom ready to eat snacks.

After the girls had their nap after snack time, it was time for the kids to go home. Harley and Amanda sat on the color rug and played together.

"Amanda, your mom is here to pick you up." Ms. Quinn holds Amanda's hand and walks her to her mother.

"Bye Hawley!" Amanda waves.

"Bye Amanda!" Harley waves back.

"Mama, that's my best fwend Hawley!" Amanda points out to her mom as Mrs. Gutierrez just chuckled. She also waves to Harley, then leads her daughter into the car.

Harley watched her best friend leave, then feels a pat on her shoulder. "Harley! Mom is here." It was her brother Ethan, and unknowingly Amanda's enemy.

-------------------------------------------------------
Present Time.....
Harley happily placed a dark pink decayed flower on top of her decorations for Amanda's farewell part Day: 1.

"Harley why are you putting an old flower on your banner?" Ethan asks, as he was carrying things for his section.

"It's our best friend flower, I've had it since the day we met....my decorations would be incomplete without it. Even if it is old, it just shows how long I've loved her." Harley smiles at her banner then continued to work, after receiving a hug from Ethan.

And from that day, Amanda and Harley became best friends...wait no....sisters.

I'm so sorry it was a short chapter but I wanted to show each of the Diaz's siblings first meeting with Amanda that results in their ideas for their Day 1 surprises. I don't know if I should do Ethan next or last.... so plz comment if you want the next flashback to be Ethan or do you want me to save him for last?

Anyways comment your ideas! Love you guys
- Bri💞