Chapter 110. [Alyssae]

Alyssae couldn't believe she had been so stupid. She had let Thorin drag her along. She should have resisted his affection and hid him from Thranduil. She however had crawled into his arms like she was an amorous teenager and although she should have known better, she had embraced the illusion that their love was so strong that nobody could harm them. 
Thorin had changed. The willingness with which Thranduil's men could take him, had shown that. She tried to drew hope from his last words, but it sounded so silly that it only hurt to think about it. Now Thorin was locked up, Thranduil could force her to do anything. Who could take him away from there? Who could prevent Thranduil from penetrating her tonight, creating a new life inside her, that would lead to her own destruction? Not only hers, but also that of her sister and daughter? 
She wished she had attached more value to the words of the dwarf-woman, but it was pointless making more self-reproaches. Centuries could pass before she really got pregnant. Maybe she could find a way to kill Thranduil before that happened. She didn't expect to get much chances, but their undoubtedly would be a moment that his attention subsided. 
Nervously she looked up when the door opened. Thranduil had left her here so that she could get herself ready and with aversion she had put up her hair and put on the jewels he had given to her. 
Thranduil stood in the doorway. His glance rested upon her and Alyssae looked the other way. 
"Our guests are waiting, my bride."
He had a bouquet in his hands, consisting of black and red roses. She felt sick while looking at it. Her legs shook when she walked to him. The look in eyes was one of triumph, calling up the tears in her eyes. He had won. They both knew it. 
"What will we do now?" Her voice trembled. 
"Soon we will join the banquet, which we will end with the ceremony. Thereafter we will share a dance and then I will carry you to the sleeping room." He showed a cynical smile. "Wonderful, isn't it?"
Alyssae wished Thorin had left a weapon behind, but there was nothing. She even wouldn't be surprised when Thranduil forced her to eat with her hands. 
When she stepped through the doorway into the hallway, he took her hand. His fingers were cold as stone. In silence he led her downwards a stairs that ended into a large room. Around the stairs stood several elves, but in a far smaller amount than Alyssae had expected. 
She had hoped there would have been elves from her own realm, or that of Thranduin's parents or even from Rivendell, but Thranduil clearly had decided to keep the festivity intimate. There was no one she could clung to to tell her story, as if he had known Thorin would come to change her mind. 

Under thunderous applaus they were greeted by their servants. Silently Alyssae followed Thranduil to the two thrones that stood behind a large white table. They were flanked by two empty  chairs, and she expected they symbolized the absence of their children. 
While Thranduil stood straight and told his guests how much he had looked forward to this day, Alyssae stared at the dishes at the table. Would Thorin be punished when she did not show any smile today? 
Undoubtedly. Thranduil would seize every opportunity to hear his whip slam. 
"So it is true," Alyssae grumbled when he sat again. "You are my uncle."
"Yes," Thranduil answered calmly. "And soon I will be your husband." He turned toward her. "I would like to offer you my gift, my dearest Alyssae. I know you have fallen in love with eating meat since you socialize with dwarfs, and therefore I have composed a special course for you." He shove a silver bell-jar toward her. "Enjoy."
Uncertain Alyssae looked up to him. His eyes were friendly, but in between she knew all of his facial expressions were deceptive. 
"Go on," he whispered. 
Her fingers vibrated while lifting the lid. As soon as she got a glimpse of the content she moved her throne backward, screeching. The lid fell on the table and rolled down, but Alyssae saw nothing since a veil of tears laid upon her eyes. It felt like her body was ripped into pieces and gall crept upwards her gullet, making her vomit.