10| The Crystilline Queen

I knew I needed sleep, yet somehow, I wasn't getting any. I had been tossing and turning in bed since 11:30. My stomach was jittery and no matter what I did, no position seemed comfortable. I groaned, finally sitting up in bed and grabbing my phone. Nothing exciting there, most were asleep or in a different time zone in which they weren't doing much. I figured jet lag would kick in eventually and I could sleep, but nope, life just wanted to annoy me. That and nerves.

It had been a long time since I was nervous about a performance. My mind kept going back to the convention. My knee. It had just healed, what if I got hurt again? I shut off my phone with a stroke of genius. It seemed as though Yuri was never nervous, so maybe he knew tips for getting sleep? At this point it seemed like my best bet.

I slid out of bed in my red pajamas and walked over to the door that led to our connecting bathrooms. I went to open his door, only to find it locked. Bless you Instagram. I sent Yuri a DM.

@valentina_nikolaev: Unlock your bathroom door you lazy pig

It didn't take long for a satisfactory click to find its way to my ears. I pushed open the door to find Yuri standing in front of me with his arms crossed. "What do you want? It's three in the morning." Oh really? I must have lost track of time.

"I need your help." I responded, pushing past him and into his room where I sat on the bed. "I can't sleep because I'm nervous. How do you sleep? Wait that sounded creepy..." I began to ramble.

Yuri just huffed and lay back down beneath the covers. "I don't know just don't think about it. Now go back to your room and figure it out. It's not my problem."

"But you're never nervous! I need sleep!"

"Once again not my problem."

I groaned and lay down on the edge of his bed, pulling the extra blanket over me. "I can't sleep!"

"Well neither can I with all of the noise you're making!" Yuri spat.

I lay my head down and closed my eyes. "Can you just read the news or something to make me fall asleep?"

Yuri huffed again and I could just imagine him rolling his eyes. "Let's see... Once upon a time there was a dumb dancer and a gorgeous skater who was really fed up with her stupidity."

"Shut it."

"The dancer was always annoying the skater, sometimes going as far as to wake him up at three in the morning. She was complaining that she couldn't sleep, begging the skater to do something. The skater, however, knowing how annoying the girl was, refused."

I rolled my eyes and snuggled into the blanket. Yuri's room is really warm...

"Eventually the dancer gave up and went back to her own room-" That was as far as Yuri got before I finally fell asleep. Good night Yuri...
-
Yuri
"Eventually the dancer gave up and went back to her own room to sleep." I spat, telling the story so hopefully Valentina would leave. Boy, was I wrong. Instead of her leaving, I was treated to the sound of delicate snoring from the foot of my bed.

You've got to be kidding me.

I knew my fave was burning a bright red as she lay there, so I decided to just go to sleep. I didn't want to have to think about her right now. The way she made my heart race, her smile... I sighed, I just needed sleep.

I tucked into the covers, instantly falling into a deep slumber when my head hit the pillow.
-
"YURI PLISETSKY WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!" Was the sentence I woke up to this morning. I groaned, rubbing my eyes and sitting up.

"What's going on?" Valentina also poked her head up from the covers, her body still partially asleep.

"VALENTINA GET OUT OF HIS ROOM THIS INSTANT!" Mrs. Baranovskaya yelled at us, her outstretched finger shaking with rage.