Ŧ₩E₦Ŧ¥ Ŧ₩Ø

•|• Frenemies? •|•

•|•

DARK CLOUDS hovered over Cheshire's mansion. Shading it away from the sun like a looming blanket of darkness and depression. A Hatter carrying a wool bag in hand came struting through the purple halls after returning from a certain task and was in search of the owner of the house. He found her laid out on the living floor, arms and legs spread out as she stared unblinkingly up at the ceiling.

"Guess what?" Enzo sung while holding up the bag for Nala to see with a big smile, "C'mon, guess guess, guess!"

He was given a half-hearted blink.

"Jeez Cheshire, calm down! I'll tell you! Me, being the best big brother in the world, has fixed our little pig problem from these past few days. Ta-da!"

The Hatter reached inside the bag and pulled out the paled and bloody severed head of a undercover GCPD cop that's been trying to weasel his way into Cheshire's Underworld and bring it down from the inside. When he had found out that Enzo was closing in on him he tried to run. But the little piggies, they never run fast enough.

"Oink, oink!" He grasped the man's chin, pulling it down and back up as if he was alive and talking, then looked at his sister for a reaction.

She ignored him.

"Stuff like that usually cracks a smile." Enzo mutters with a frown.

Cheshire always lit up when it came to a severed body part—especially the decapitated heads. C'mon! Who doesn't love that? He continued to do anything to get her to grin. He even went to low levels and did a card trick that he learned of the internet—up close magic. Leaning over her and 'magically' pulls a card from the curly mess she called hair. Nothing. Not even a blink. None to happy at the fact that he failed at getting the reaction he wanted Enzo soccer kicked the head away from him in anger. Not even flinching as it obviously crashed into something right after.

"What....do you want from me?" Nala asked, finally speaking after what seemed like an eternity. Her brother was taken back by the question. He dropped to his knees in front of her feet.

"All I've ever wanted since the day I first held you in my arms as an infant was for you to be happy. I want you to be happy, Cheshire." Enzo says in a sincere voice.

"And if I said that Lincoln made me happy?"

Nala turned her head to look at him from her place on the floor, glistening green eyes dull and missing their mischievous spark. The eldest looked back at his sister with sorrow before she broke eye contact and stared back into the fire. He racked his brain for something. Anything!