ƧłX

•|• The Croc & The Bat •|•

Say what you mean and mean what you say. Confront what frightens or offends you. Reckless or insulting talk should never go unchallenged.
- Cheshire Cat

•|•

NALA LOVED the Joker. It was true, Cheshire had fallen for the clown prince of crime. But as of late he was starting to get on her last damn nerve. He's been keeping her attached to the hip, either while they were out for business and growing his empire or just out for some fun. At first the clinginess was cute but now it was becoming very annoying. Joker has been acting strange lately, like there's something he was hiding from her. And also very cranky. The fact that he hasn't told her yet what was bothering him made her even more annoyed with him.The two of them never kept things from each other. No secrets.

Joker wouldn't let her go anywhere without him, his chauffeur and loyal henchmen Johnny Frost and any of his other goons. Nala didn't like that. She loved having her freedom. And that's what lead her to sneaking out of her bedroom from her balcony and using her power to escape into the night. This wasn't the first time this week she's done this either.

In the streets of Gotham Nala walked along flexing her black fingerless gloves. She was in need of some assistance, badly wanting to try out one of her abilities on someone. What better way than asking an old friend? Turning down a deserted street with poorly lighted street lamps she searched for the person and soon found herself in front of three dirty looking men. They seemed out of it--probably high--the biggest one didn't seem as blazed as the rest of them though. Junkies. Purrfect.

"Hello fellas. I'm looking for someone named Vinny." Nala says her eyes trained on the biggest one as he walked up to her leaning his head down and growled in her face. She stood there unfazed.

"Get lost kid!"

In a flash her hand was on his neck claws digging into his throat. His large body fell to the ground and she held up her blood paw in the air clutching his trachea for all to see before letting it drop to the ground with a splat. The other two seem to snap out of their high. And she was sure one of them peed his pants.

"Anyone else wants to get their throat ripped out? No? Then tell me where he is." Nala said.

They both pointed in the direction. With a nod she walked past them wiping the blood off on one of their shirts. Her phone was buzzing but she ignored. She pushed a plastic cover back and walked into the large makeshift tent. Her eyes landed on her prize.

"Knock, knock."

Vinny's head snapped over to her. Surprisingly he seemed sober and was much more skinner then last time she saw him in Arkham. She had heard a while back that he'd got shot in the arm and got out of the asylum the second he could.