CHAPTER 2(What's wrong?)

Chapter Two

Harry was looking sad and upset today so I went up to him to console, comfort and ask him what the problem was.

"What's the problem, Harry?" I questioned.

"Jus leave me alone, Ruth!"

"No"-I stood my ground-"I won't leave until you tell me what's wrong. You know you can trust me so then me what's eating at you."

"Ruth... I... ca-ca... I can't" he replied, stuttering as he did.

"Hey, I can keep secrets. Remember you told me that I was your best friend? Well this is what best friends do for each other."

"Oh... Ruthy..." He muttured and gave me a hug which caught me off guard but that didn't stop me from hugging him back.

"Fine", He sighed. "But I don't think this is the right place for me to tell you."

"Okay"-I agreed- "We'll meet up after school. What do you say?"

"I say I'll meet you there."

"Cool. I think we should get going. Lunch break is over" I pointed out.

"Good idea. I got an extra class anyway."

"Wait! Where do I meet you?" I asked him.

"Just wait outside the school I'll find you."

He waved at me as he headed upstairs.

I went straight to class where Nichole was waiting for me and boy did she look angry. It was at that moment that I remembered the promise I had made to Nichole. The promise of me helping her during lunch break for the science project.

"Hey, sexy" I teased.

"Oh. I'm sorry but who are you?" she retorted.

"I'm Ruth. Have you seen Nichole anywhere?" I shot back.

"Shut Ruth! You didn't bother helping me during lunch break" , she accused, "Where were you anyway?"

"I'm so sorry. I was with Harry" I replied.

"Oh, Harry! May I ask why?" she inquired.

"Because Harry looked sad and upset so I went over and asked what the problem was but he didn't tell me anything. I think he's hiding something from us and I think that's what's bothering him. I hope he'll tell me... I mean us... what his problem is" I answered.

"Well, what do you think he's hiding?"

"How am I supposed to know, dumbo?" I asked her as I hit her head with a notebook. 

After that, we started studying due to the fact that the teacher caught us out.

I couldn't stop thinking about Harry. I mean, he hugged me today and never in our friendship had he done that before. I do hope he tells me but then again, why wouldn' he? I am his best buddy after all. Well, according to him.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The bell rang signalling the end of the day.  

I rushed out to the school parking waiting for Harry to arrive.