Prologue: Chapter Three

Shae didn't know how she got there. She was standing in front of the pigeon cages. Everyone there was bowing down to her and she was at a loss of what had happened.

They were still bowing.

"Its o- Its okay!" Shae broke the silence, flustered.

"Uhm, Princess Shae, you have mail." An officer mumbled after he rose from his bowing position. Then, he lifted up a cage onto the parapet and opened the door. 

The pigeon, Princess Shae's pigeon, had a thick piece of paper attached to one of its legs.

Shae found herself smiling a little as she took of the paper carefully and unfolded it.

"Dear Shae,

Greetings from the Vince. On behalf of my kingdom I would like to forward my congratulations to the first Xeno Princess' marriage. We will be attending their marriage in the Chryso kingdom as well. On another note, I have something personal to ask of your highness.

If you do agree to be a part of the Vince, send a reply containing your approval. Afterwards, a letter will be sent towards your father to ask for your hand in marriage. Your reply is much awaited and welcome.

From,

Skiel."

Shae dropped the letter. Her hand shaking, she picked it up again as the letter rapidly got drenched and smudged. She had no idea if it was the ink from the words or from her eyes.

"Quill." She said quietly to her surrounding people, who were all staring at her. "I need a quill, and paper."

Footsteps broke the chilly silence as a table and chair with writing equipment was set infront of her. She sat down and picked up the quill with a slightly shaking hand.

"Dear Skiel,

Thank you for your greetings and congratulations! 

Although you were extremely sincere with the proposal, I am sorry to say that I would have to decline.

From,

Shae"

She folded it up and carefully attached it to the pigeon's leg. 

"Don't wait for him to give you a reply. Just fly back." Shae spoke to the pigeon, her voice slightly shaking. "Now, go."

The pigeon took flight.

Shae dashed quickly out of the room.

*

Coleka got out of her hiding place in time to see Shae's golden gown escaping out of the door. As she walked to exit the place, she found eyes staring at her. She glared. Then, as she took another step, she heard a crackling sound. 

Paper.

"Who leaves letters on the ground?" Coleka thought, annoyed. Then she saw Shae's name on it, which piqued her interest.

Picking it up with her forefinger and thumb, she read the entire letter, her jaw slightly dropping.

"Oh Shae, my sister. I know what you've done. And don't you intend to get away with it." Coleka said under her breath.

"Quill." She barked at the people who were all still staring at her. "I need a quill, paper and ink."

No response.

"You hear me?!" Coleka yelled. 

Thanks for reading!  Vote and comment if you want to :)