Chapter Twelve

The crowd was echoing in horror. Such things were unheard of. 

Shae dragged Lukas back into the room. 

"Get me the wig!" She ordered to a nearby servant, who immediately went out of the room and back again.

"Here you go, your highness."

Shae grabbed the ash blond wig and put it over her own hair.

"Get it?" She said hap-hazardly to Lukas. "There was no Sadie from the start. Shae Xeno was playing as Sadie Vince."

"It was all a lie. Everything was planned from the moment you met the masked Sheila."

She took a few steps and blinked back tears.

His warm, chocolate brown eyes that used to follow her were now cold and alarming. Like two years ago, when he was all stone and cool. 

Then she looked behind.

"Get ready for war," she said quietly. She continued proceeding.

"You're not going." 

Shae felt a swift movement, and a sharp point pricked her neck. She could feel her warm blood trickling down, and as the seconds ticked passed she felt colder.

She took a step front before turning. A tingling feeling was creeping up her neck as a dizzy sensation filled her head. The sword was pointed threateningly in her face.

"It was you," she gave a little smile. "Who told me about certain letters."

"We never liked the Vince or the Xeno. It was killing two birds with a stone." he drawled. He thrust the sword forwards and Shae took a step back. 

She lost her balance. 

Someone held her from the back and his arm was around her abdomen. Whoever it was drew out another sword and pointed it at Lukas. 

Who else could it be? She smiled bitterly to herself as she tilted her head towards the doorway to see a girl with light ash blond hair that was messily tied. Strands of hair were falling out. She was smiling nonsensically, like a drunkard. Pointing and giggling at the scene, apparently she was amused.

Shae would never be worthy of Skiel.

"Hey Sheila. Want to know about Sadie?"

"Why not?" Shae had said amusedly.

"You know, I sent a lot of letters to her. I even travelled to the Vince to meet her personally. But all she gave me was- who are you and what are you rambling about?" 

Shae swallowed a little.

"Well then I got really angry." 

Something about his tone changed. Shae looked at Lukas. His eyes were cold enough to be freezing point. His brows were raised and his lips curved into a smile. He looked a picture of insanity.

"Okay..?" Shae muttered.

"So I did something to her that she would never forget." Lukas added, his smile still disconcertingly bright.

Shae looked down.

No, not when she made his own sister go crazy.

She looked up, right into that pair of eyes. It was that look again. 

"You know, Shae, now that I know the truth, you will be mine because I lo-"

His sword fell to the ground and Skiel dropped his own sword before he cradled her away.