Lunch Date with Charlie

Fluff (Charlie x MaleReader) 

She reached towards you to hold your hand and clumsily knocked your tea over into your lap.

"Oh, my gosh, I- I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to spill, let me just..." she said, and stood to go to the cafe counter for some napkins.

Thankfully, the tea hadn't reached your notebook, which sat propped up beside your chair on the floor. You were dying to give it to her but weren't quite sure when to, for Charlie always seemed to have something new and exciting to bring up in your conversations when you were about to do it. You looked up from your lap to see Charlie smiling kindly at the barista. You loved her smile, the way she lit up any room she was in and the glow she gave off without trying. Today's the day, you thought, I'll give her the notebook.

She returned to the table with a huge wad of napkins and a sheepish grin on her face, immediately apologising for making a mess. You stopped her by reassuring her it was okay and asking her to have a seat.

"Charlie," you began, "I have something for you. Something special," her eyes lit up at the word, "that I have been working on for a long time. It means a lot to me, because you mean a lot to me, and I don't know what to say other than I hope you enjoy it."

You picked up the notebook from the floor and gingerly gave it to Charlie. Her hands were soft and gentle, just like her stunning green eyes. Your heart fluttered.

She looked at you with a bashful smile and opened to the first page and began to read.

You had spent months putting your feelings for her into words, pages and pages of your love confessed... and all of your worries came flooding in. You were afraid she might not like it, or worse; she'd giggle. But the smile spreading quickly across Charlie's face washed all of those doubts away.

"I love it. It- It's beautiful. Thank you." Charlie stood and dashed around the table to gather you in a warm embrace, and kissed you delicately on the lips. "I couldn't have asked for anyone better," she says softly into your shoulder, and you can't help but hold her tighter and beam from ear to ear.