Going for a Ride

Fluff (Dean x reader)

The two of you had been riding the whole day and the sun was just about to set behind the mountains. The trail you followed was smooth and your horses seemed to have no problems on it. The rhythmic clomping of their hooves changing from soft ground to solid ground causes you to realize you had just gotten out of the forest and were now overlooking the valley below. The deep, rich colors from the beautiful autumn evening over the landscape were truly breathtaking.

“Wow, this is incredible,” you whisper, trying to take in the view. Slowly your eyes travel to your left where Dean sits peacefully on his horse beside you. “Isn't it, Dean?” you ask.

“Sure is, sweetheart. But,” he looks at you with his emerald green eyes, their color even more pronounced than usual in this lighting, “it's hard to enjoy the view when there's something so distracting right in front of me.” You can’t help but smile, a pink blush spreading across your cheeks and warming your ears.

It’s been about seven months since you and Dean had met, and even though he was often busy with hunting, the two of you enjoyed weekend getaways whenever you had the chance. Sam would stay at the bunker and read, Cas had become newly addicted to Soap Operas (...okay?), and you and Dean often took riding trips with your two horses. Everyone was perfectly content with the arrangement.

But this trip was special. Dean had plans to ask you something he’d been waiting to ask for a very, very long time… and he was feeling very nervous.

“Hey, uh, Y/N, I have to tell you something,” Dean confessed. He motioned for you to dismount from your horse and the two of you do. He steps closer to you, and takes your small hand into his large, calloused one. You suddenly become hyper aware of how little space there is between you and you can feel his warm breath in the air around your neck. Dean squeezes your palm and bites his lip. Now you’re getting nervous…

Dean looks at you and you can see his heartfelt sincerity in his eyes as he speaks. “Ever since the moment I laid eyes on you I knew you were different. The way you carry yourself, so tall and proud and confident, and the way you talk. How you act around my brother and my best friend, and how you aren’t afraid to try new things… I love it. I love everything about you. You make me crazy sometimes, but in a good way.”

He moves impossibly closer and puts his other hand on your hip, fiddling with the edge of your tshirt. “I guess what I’m trying to say is that I love you, Y/N, and I don’t think I could let a day go by without you.”

Dean leans in, his plump lips barely touching yours and you reach up to caress the back of his head. Once your mouths fully connect, you become enveloped in a magical sense of bliss. His tongue gently trails over your bottom lip and you pull him even closer. Dean’s horse, Sloppy Joe (of course Dean would name his horse after food), whinnies and impatiently paws the ground. You pull away from the kiss and giggle.

“Guess it’s time for dinner. You hungry?” he asks.

“Always,” you say with a wink.