twenty three; call backs & stories

-Carl's POV;
Me and Bonnie had been closer than ever. I visited her everyday at the hospital and laid by her side for hours, laughing and joking.

Her family occasionally surprised us with a quick visit, enough time for a kiss on the cheek and a 'get well soon'. Bonnie's siblings would give her a card or stuffed bear from the gift shop downstairs, and then they'd get back in the minivan.

Bonnie had almost healed by the time the call came around. She was asleep whilst I flicked through a fashion magazine, almost dozing off myself.

My phone rang and I quickly escaped so the noise wouldn't wake her. "Hello?" I asked, quietly. There was a short pause before a man spoke.

"Gallagher? It's Sergeant Simmons. We need you back on Tuesday." The head of my unit ordered into the phone.

My face dropped. "But I thought I had another two weeks. Where did those go?"

"One of the schools had to reschedule and that's the only day they had available. Now, am I seeing you or not?" He explained, firmly.

I sighed and nodded, although he couldn't see me. "Fine."

Sgt Simmons hung up and I stuffed my phone back into my pocket. Everytime something good happened in my life, it was quickly snatched away. I started having my regrets about military school, questioning whether I should quit.

Suddenly, loud panting and groaning sounds came from Bonnie's room. I rushed in to see her thrashing around, sweaty and out-of-breath. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it, like I always did when she had bad dreams.

Usually, they were flashbacks to the shooting or a memory with her father. She'd never told me what it was that happened with her father but it must've been something bad.

Her eyes shot open whilst her body jolted upright. "Hey, hey! It's okay, I'm here." I whispered, embracing her shivering body in a hug. It took her a few minutes before she could calm down and once she had, Bonnie spoke up.

"I need to tell you something.." She said, softly. "Something about my past that I've never told anyone." I nodded and took a seat next to her.

(DISCLAIMER - I can't remember if Bonnie told her story in the show but I'm just going to use this one, I'm sorry if this triggers anyone or hits close to home. I'm here if you need to talk xx)

"Do you remember when I slept at your house and you took off your shirt, like you wanted to...you know, have sex?" She asked and I nodded along, secretly smiling at the memory. "Well, I didn't want to because..because my dad used to touch me. And not like hugs or pats on the back, he would force himself on me whilst my mom was at work."

My eyes dropped to the floor and I began to play with the hem on my shirt. "The reason we left was because my mom found out about it. After you offered me that necklace, I ran back to the van, where my dad was waiting. The kids were outside.." She started to tear up. "He had the fucking cheek to do it whilst the kids were playing in the lot. Luckily, he never touched them, only me. I would've killed him if anyone of those kids had to live with that."

My arm wrapped around her shoulder, pulling her against my chest. "How'd your mom find out?" She gulped down the tears and continued.

"She got sick at work so they let her off. Thank God she made it home in time, and thank God we'd had that shitty takeaway the night before." We both chuckled, quietly. "The thing that scared me the most was that I thought it was normal for a while. I thought it happened to every kid. But when we had a talk about it at school, I realised it was wrong."

"I'm so sorry, if I could-" She cut me off, laying back down on the bed.

"You can't do anything, it's in the past now. Hopefully, my fathers locked up somewhere, out of child's reach." Bonnie was firm and I shifted back to the chair.

My cell phone buzzed, bringing me to the subject of military school. "I have something to tell you too. One of the sergeants at my military school called, they need me back for duty on Tuesday."

Bonnie sat up again. "Tuesday? That's like 3 days away!" She seemed disappointed but all I could do was shrug.

"I know, but I'll make it up to you." Ideas brewed in my mind and a smirk spread onto my face. "Something special, just for you."

-end of chapter;
Hey, hey, hey! Yo bitch is on fire with these updates :) I hope everything is going smoothly with the story but please tell me if I get anything wrong or parts don't add up. Also, if you want me to write any other stories (from the Shameless fandom or others) I will be more than happy to as this book is sadly coming to a close.

QOTD - Favourite TV Show atm?
AOTD - I've been watching Ru Paul's Drag Race & 13 Reasons Why