eighteen; decisions

-Carl's POV;
Why did Vanessa have to be so difficult? Boys can have friends that are girls without a relationship..

But I guess I could've hidden my feelings a bit better. Bonnie was my first love and it's true, you never really lose the attraction.

No matter how jealous Vanessa was, I still loved her too. She'd been the girl of my dreams ever since the eighth grade and to throw this away would be a mistake.

My hand reached for my cell phone and I checked the time. 9:26am. I couldn't concentrate on anything because I was too worked up about the girls. After contemplating it, my fingers dialled in the number and I held the cell to my ear.

"Carl! How's it going?" Fiona asked, joyfully through the phone. Hearing her voice made me smile and I used my shoulder to hold my phone as I poured a mug of coffee.

"I need some advice.." My throat became dry as I searched for a way to not make my situation obvious. "Well, my friend likes these two girls and he can't decide which one to choose."

Fiona stopped me. "Carl, does this friend happen to be you?" She chuckled softly through the phone and I sighed. "Wow, I never thought anyone could top Vanessa."

I scratched the back of my head in frustration and continued. "It's not that I don't love V because I do. But there's another girl, someone who's popped back into my life, and I'm starting to feel everything I used to."

The line went silent for a second before Fiona spoke up. "Okay, first think of the Pros and Cons for both girls. If that doesn't help, just trust your gut and dive in. It will only be a decision you regret for the rest of your life." She joked and I smiled again.

"Thanks Fi." I hung up and rested my hands on the table. "Fuck.." Suddenly, my phone buzzed and I checked the notification.

Vanessa: Hey, I'm sorry about yesturday. Meet me at my dorm at 12 to talk?

I sighed, remembering the plans I had with Bonnie. Maybe I'd have to make my decision sooner then intended..

-later;
I'd been sat on my bed for the past hour, writing down pros and cons.

Vanessa: (Pros)
-Beautiful
-Funny
-Girl of my dreams

Bonnie: (Pros)
-Beautiful
-History
-Trustworthy

Vanessa: (Cons)
-Jealous
-James
-Problematic

Bonnie: (Cons)
-Left unexpectedly
-May not feel the same

Currently, Bonnie was winning with less Cons and my mind was already starting to make a decision. I didn't have to drop the other girl entirely, we could still be friends.

It was almost 12 and I had to decide. After getting dressed, I studied my list one last time before walking out. My stomach turned constantly and the nerves had never been stronger as I reached the edge of campus.

I was so wrapped up in my head that I didn't feel the presence behind me. It was only when the person jumped in front of me that I realised what was happening. My body hit the floor but my head took it hardest and I started to see black.

Screams and cries we're getting fainter until I lost my sense of sound. The only thing left was the weight on my stomach that wouldn't shift. What the fuck was happening?!

-Vanessa's POV;
A gunshot went off just outside my dorm, followed by shouting and a struggle. People ran past my window, tears spilling down their red faces. I pulled off my earbuds and span around in my chair.

After making it onto the concrete, I could see two people lying on the sidewalk, a pool of blood forming next to them. A blonde girl and a brunette boy.

"No." I whispered. "It can't be.."

-end of chapter;
First of all, I was being a little cunt again and not updating for over a week. Second, I've had these drama rehearsals sm because we have performances next week. Finally, DO NOT think this is the typical ff shooting shit, because it ain't loves. Okay bye now, hope you enjoyed xxx