seven; the disc

After the usual shenanigans at the diner, my shift finally came to an end. It was 10:30 pm and my turn to lock up.

I turned off all the lights, deactivated the register and locked the door. It looked so empty and old at night, with all the shadows and stacked up chairs.

I turned towards the street and made my way back across the campus, towards my dorm. The night had a cool breeze running through the trees and street lights illuminated the dark path.

I always hated locking up because it meant I got home later then the other workers, and the walk home was quite scary. There were always stories about girls getting raped or mugged at night so I kept my bag close, with a taser on hand.

My key turned in the lock and I swung open the door to reveal James, again. He was sat on my bed with the laptop open, watching something.

"What the hell, James? Get out of my fucking room!" I yelled, trying to usher him out but he wouldn't budge.

I glanced at the screen and froze. James looked at me with anger and confusion in his eyes. "Why would you film this? What were you going to do with it?" He questioned.

My eyes looked at the floor and I dropped my bag. "I...erm...it.." I stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"Spit out your words, for fuck sake!" He paused the video and started shouting. I slammed the laptop shut and moved it to my desk.

"I was going to show it to the police, okay? You've been abusing me for the past 6 months James! I can't deal with this 'relationship' anymore, I'm done!" It was my turn to shout and it felt amazing to finally release my emotions.

He picked up his phone and went on Twitter. "Well since you had something to show, so did I." He turned the phone around to reveal a tweet that he'd sent a few hours ago.

A picture was attached to it so I grabbed his phone and clicked on it. "Oh my god.." I released the device from my grip and it fell to the floor.

Tears pricked my eyes and I grabbed James by the shirt, pushing him out of the room. "Stay the fuck away from me!" I yelled, slamming the door in his face.

He'd left his phone so I picked it up and deleted the tweet, nudes and all. But, then I found his mentions and scrolled through them, crying hysterically.

'Ew, Vanessa Wilkes is such a slag!'

'Slut, slut, slut 🙄'

'She needs to kill herself, yuck! Look at those stretch marks 🤢'

People were tweeting, calling me all kinds of names. I looked on his other social media and people had reposted them, tagging both of us. My window was wide open so I threw the phone out and scrambled through my bag for mine.

My lock screen was filling with texts, snapchats and DM's from people, sharing the picture and shaming me. I buried my face in a pillow and screamed, kicking the mattress to release my anger.

Why did I even bother trying to make my life better? I was doomed to misfortune from the start anyway..

-the next day;
Classes were hell as people passed screwed up notes back and forth. Even Elle was acting strange around me. She awkwardly said hi, then ignored me for the rest of the day.

The only person who actually seemed to care was Carl. He sat with me during lunch, walked me to my classes and shut anyone up who said shit about me. I felt safe when I was with him but that was only for a few minutes in between periods.

"Why don't we go to Starbucks? I'll treat you to a Berry Refresher?" Carl offered, weaving his arm around my shoulders.

I nodded slightly and we started to walk. "I'm so happy you're here." My voice was quiet and timid.

He smiled down at me and rested the side of his head on mine. "I wouldn't miss being with you for anything, V." He stopped and held me by the shoulders. "Look, I know this isn't the best time to admit it, but I..I still love you."

I stared into his eyes and sighed. "I don't know what to say, Carl.." He pulled me in for a hug and rubbed my back, like he used to.

"Don't say anything. I know that probably made things awkward but you don't know how long I've needed to say that." His voice soothed me and I snuggled into his chest.

Suddenly, someone shouted behind us. "Two-timing slut!" I pulled away quickly and looked in the direction of the voice.

"Fuck off, asshole!" Carl put up his middle finger and we watched the guy walk away. "Come on, let's get you that drink."

-end of chapter;
Another update! I hope you enjoyed it loves xxx