Little Red Chapter 4- Signal

Little Red 4- Signal

"What? I still don't get it."

"Dan," PJ says. "It's simple. We're going to meet her and Phil's mystery friend for lunch, you go in to kiss her. If she kisses you, there's something. If not. She's simply not interested."

This made Dan nervous. It went absolutely great last night, if anything, it was the best date Dan had in forever.

But this was seeming to be too much.

"I don't think I could do that." Dan says. "I mean I'd completely fuck it up!"

"Mate," PJ says. "It'll be fine! If you don't do it, how can you know what could be?"

PJ was right. Dan knew he was right. He had to see if something was there with her.

When Dan came home last night, he was wasted and floating. He was on cloud...nine million. That girl, She made him completely wishy washy. In Dan's mind, Mary Jane was the kind of girl he wished he knew in school. The kind that made those dark lonely days of being the school nerd less lonely. She was amazing.

Plus, she was hot.

"Right." Dan whispers more to himself if anything.

The three start out of the hotel and towards the cafe Mary Jane had texted him with. Phil hadn't even listened to their conversation.

Right. Mary Jane never told Dan what went on between Rayna and Phil.

"Phil are you okay?" PJ asks. "You haven't said anything all morning."

Phil nods and runs a hand through his hair. "I'm fine." His mind's been drifting to Rayna with nervous feelings blooming in his gut.

Dan looks at Phil, genuinely worried about his friend. He bites his lip and his phone rings in his pocket.

DM From MJ Park

Dan smiles widely as he opens up the notification.

MJ Park: Good afternoon <3 Had a great time last night.

Dan starts to type his reply.

Dan: Good afternoon to you too, beautiful. Hey, did Rayna tell you anything about Phil?

There's at least 2 minutes before Mary Jane replies.

MJ: Promise you won't say anything?

Dan replies.

Dan: Promise.

She takes 4 minutes before she types.

MJ: Rayna studied abroad, with Phil. Head over heels. They were going to get married.

This wasn't the entire equation, sworn to secrecy to tell

Dan nearly drops his phone, he glances over at Phil. He doesn't see his stare and just keeps walking to himself.

He messages MJ before slipping his phone back into his pocket.

Dan: This should be interesting. See you soon, gorgeous. <3

+_+_+_+_+

Instead of going to the cafe. MJ opted for Jack's Diner on 5th street. Apparently, she says they have the absolute best french fries. It would be her, Rayna, their friend Josie and PJ Phil and Dan. It crawled into the back of PJ's head, thoughts of Sophie back home. He knew she would be here in a week with Ellie and Chris.

Dan walks up to Mary Jane with a smile and leans to kiss her. She bumps into his chin and giggles. He laughs and blushes, a little bummed about the whole test.