Chapter One: Waking Dream

                Karma stretched over the back seat arching her back so she could reach across the driver and fiddle with the radio. Her lips twisted from side to side as she twisted the knob back and forth impatiently. I rolled my eyes and heaved my bags into the trunk. Kaoru stared at me, his face still sad still longing for the girl who gave up everything to save him.

                “Do you really have to leave?” He asked in a whisper. I nodded.

                “We’ve overstayed our welcome by a long shot.” I said clapping the dirt out of my hands. I twisted my long dark hair over my shoulder and fixed my glasses to a point on my nose. “But thank you for offering up your guestroom for my sister and I. You saved us a bundle in hotel fees.”

                “Any friend of Indie is a friend of mine.” He said forcing a smile. My face melted into a frown.

                “October.” I corrected. He nodded. I peered around him at the massive mansion I’d called home for the past few months. I hated the idea of returning home to my stuffy old one room apartment. I hated the idea of parting from my sister and my new friends who had welcomed me into their group in the midst of tragedy. I hated leaving him, but I’d dragged my legs for far too long.

                “Hey, are you two done here?” Hikaru snorted. I’d barely noticed him. Had I really been so wrapped up in Kaoru that I didn’t notice his twin brother? I looked around. Honey was smiling as he clung to Mori’s side, Tamaki and Haruhi were wrapped in each other’s arms while Kyoya  pursed his lips and rested his clipboard to his hip. When did everyone arrive?

                “Hold your horses!” Karma shouted in English. She slithered out of the car and stood on her tiptoes to stare down Hikaru. “Stupid cow.” She smirked in Japanese. Hikaru balled his hands into fists.

                “Idiot llama!” He snorted in English.

                “Crazy pirate!” She retorted.

                “Dumb dog.” He fired back.

                “Don’t leave!” He screamed. She froze.

                “What?”

                Hikaru dropped his gaze. Honey slipped down Mori’s arm.

                “Do you think he’ll finally admit it?” Honey asked tugging on Mori’s sleeve.

                “They better hurry up and come to terms with each other’s feeling.” Haruhi sighed. “This love/hate act is getting old fast.”

                “Says the girl who put me through hell for an entire year.” Tamaki teased pulling her that much closer to him. I felt sick. Everyone was falling in love around me and I still had no one.

                “I didn’t say anything dumb bitch.” Hikaru grumbled under his breath. Karma continued to stare at him in shock. Kyoya pulled his clipboard behind his back and strode forward. He cleared his throat and shot Karma the most charming smile he could manage.

                “Karma, my dear, Hikaru is too stubborn to admit his feelings towards you. Even though he can’t understand half the things you say he’s in love with the things you do and enjoys your banters.” Kyoya explained in English. He then turned to Hikaru and shot him a devilish grin. Hikaru’s eyes widened at the realization that he was the next target. “And Hikaru.” He started in Japanese. “Are you aware that Karma returns your feelings? She’s in love with you and your hot temper. Get over it and tell her how you feel.”