Chapter 14: If you aren't the one fucking, you'll be fucked instead

Start from the beginning

Glancing at Charles who began to fall asleep on his lap, Nikolas scooped him up in his lap before going to the bed. Wondering what will tomorrow bring him seeing as entire day passed without midget trying to strike back at him, he slowly closed his eyes into anticipation as Charles snuggled next to him.

When Alis woke up the next say, she realized one important thing - it was too peaceful to be true. Glancing around to check of something was off in case Nikolas already set the stage for another prank, she got out of the bed when she didn't notice anything. Maybe she was just over-thinking it?

But another side that reminded her how he was always there to get back at her told her to be prepared just in case, that he was waiting when she doubts him the least.

Slowly getting out of the bed, she headed towards her veranda before stepping outside to check where Nikolas was. He usually woke before her, so she knew that he wasn't sleeping at the moment.

But boy did she jump when he suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Interested into her appearing almost as if calling for truce, Nikolas stepped out on his own veranda, Charles following after him as some kind of a mediator.

"To what do I owe this pleasant surprise?" he asked initiating the conversation that would've undoubtedly follow.

"I'm not sure about it being pleasant or not, but I find you suspicious."

Their relationship was, without a doubt, a suspicious and not ordinary at all.

"What for, isn't it your turn to pull a prank now?" The question caught her off guard as she almost fell into that little space of one meter length that separated them. 

"What?" she found herself asking.

"It's your turn to pull a prank, right? So why am I suspicious, I should be suspicious of you instead," he pointed out as she only stared at him with a dumbfounded look on her face.

"Since when do you wait for me to finish my round?"

"Since like... The very beginning?" he raised his eyebrow and she shut her mouth because she soon realized that he had a point.

"That's... Still suspicious! Are you telling me that you're just going to sit iddly by while I prepare a possible humiliation for you?" she asked, he grinned.

"I am going to get back at you, so I might as well get motivated enough to do so, you know?"

She raised an eyebrow on her own before nodding, he had another point.

"But... Why wait for me go be done with my round?" That still didn't change the fact that he was suspicious?

"Because it's like chess, our game."

She really wanted to murder him.

"You... You think that this is some kind of game?!"

He grinned even more, the more he ruffles her skin, the more exciting will the outcome of her prank be.

"Isn't it? We had a bet - to see who will stay in their apartment the last," he reminded her, "And betting on something is no different than playing a game where you can either be a winner or loser. So yes, this is a game."

Nikolas chose to not mention anything about him moving out in a while - the more he talked with Alis, the more he wanted to witness the outcome. Which one of the two will prevail, him or her. He didn't doubt himself, he was quite confident in his skills, but he wouldn't dare to underestimate someone who managed to ruin his mode more than that Kemal bastard - his rival - could ever hope to (and trust Nikolas, being a CEO and having another CEO as a rival was not something he would classify as easy life).

Not to mention that their families have been planning to murder each other for decades now and would even make Vincent use a shotgun on them.

"Look, I don't care if you're life is but a sick joke, but this place is everything I've been fighting for!"

Back then, Nikolas couldn't understand her words and how precious they were to her, because he didn't truly know who Alis was.

"So just you wait, I'll make you move out in a week, you son of a... Ah, fuck! You asshole!" she corrected herself because Alis really found it hard to curse someone's parents.

"By the way... I know I said that I'm going to wait for you to pull a prank, but the more time you spent plotting something, the more time I get to do the same."

She hated how true his words were.

"Do you know how it is between two men in a relationship? It's kill or be killed - or so to say; if you're not the one fucking, you'll be fucked instead. A little advice of your elder, midget."

She could no longer allow herself to stay there and listen to him because he always had a point whenever he'd open his mouth - and that annoyed the hell out of her.

"Mark my words, Nikolas Vincenzo Tyler," he cringed as she said his whole name she got from his father, "I will WIN this so-called game and make you move out with your tail tucked between your legs!"

"Oh, you mean with my dick tucked between my legs? I see, I see, so you were a naughty girl all along, runt!" he nodded, acting as if he got the entire thing as she blushed, only then realizing how wrong did her words sound as she cursed.

"Mark my words!" and with that she turned around, but Nikolas wouldn't be Nikolas if he didn't throw another rude remark at her.

"How do you want me to do it, with my teeth or just lips? Be sure to tell ne the place on your body for that mark as well, I specialize in hickeys after all."

And with that, she slammed the doors closed as he began to laugh wholeheartedly for a while before he realized his words. He just indicated that he thought of her body and hickeys. It's like he intentionally mentioned them just to make her interested into him.

As if he was desperate enough to offer himself to have her in his bed.

Loudly cursing to himself, he headed inside as well as Charles only glanced between Nik and where Alis stood with a meowing sound before following after him.

Seems like instead of the one fucking, Nikolas was slowly stepping into the zone of those being fucked. Only, he didn't quite realize it yet.

As the calm day with no more meeting between the two slowly passed, almost unnoticeably, the night called forth for another reality. Reality in which a timid girl with little to say planned to completely ruin her neighbor's life.

Therefore, with the next morning, a new prank was set in motion.