It Wasn't A Dream

Edmund woke up the next morning to the sound of the waves crashing and the breeze dancing with the curtains of the open window. He heard a mumble and looked down to find that he hadn't been dreaming. Lily was in his arms, they had spent the night together, with their bodies against each other. He looked at her as she looked so relaxed, like she enjoyed been wrapped around his arms. He smiled and brushed the hair away that seemed to always be covering her beautiful eyes.

He untangled himself from her so that he could get up. Once he got up Lily started feeling around for him so he handed her a pillow which she hugged tightly. He smiled at her as she buried her face in the pillow and turned around to leave the room.

Lily heard the sound of the door clicking and whined as she buried herself deeper into Edmund. She noticed something, the smell of Edmund was gone, the minty aroma wasn't so strong anymore. She opened her eyes to find that she had been hugging a pillow. She sat down and looked around the room. The windows were opened as the wind made the curtains move with it and the sound of the waves entered the room. She rubbed her eyes trying to brush away any dirt but when she opened her eyes he wasn't there.

Had she been dreaming? Was she so drunk last night that she thought she kissed Edmund, made out with him and then spent the night with him? It sounded crazy, she had been dreaming for sure after all she was still dating Peter. She laid down again looking up at the ceiling. She really wished inside that she hadn't been dreaming it had been a perfect night, she didn't want it all to be a fantasy. Then she remembered that Edmund had taken his clothes of before laying down and she looked at the floor. There was nothing only the raise of the sun that made their way to the bed. She laid down again, yeah it had all been a dream. A very good dream that she wished she had never woken up from.

She stood up and decided to get changed.

Edmund was downstairs now, he had decided to give the day off to all his workers he wanted to spent the day with only Lily. He had made a promise after all, they only had to think about each other and he was making sure of that. He headed to the kitchen to prepare one of the very few dishes that he knew how to cook, scrambled eggs. He took forever to get an egg right without burning it and then placed it nicely on a plate he decorated with some herbs. He then pressed some oranges so that he could make some orange juice. He placed it nicely on the table just in time.

Lily opened the door slightly as her head wondered looking around for signs of life. Finally she spotted Edmund and she opened the door properly so that she could get in. She had braided her bangs to the side and had put her hair up in a bun. She wore a loose green dress that had no shape but looked good on her because there was a thin leather belt tight around below her waist and she was wearing some knee length boots.

"Where is everybody?" She asked as her eyes wondered around the room again and Edmund chuckled

" Gave them the day off " Edmund said as he approached Lily and wrapped his arms around her waist bringing her closer to him. She flinched surprised as she looked suspiciously at Edmund trying to figure out what game he was playing as her hands rested on his shoulders.

She realised a sight of relief and moved her hands so that they were wrapped around his neck as she leaned her head against his.

" I thought I had been dreaming " she said relieved and both of them smiled. Edmund leaned and pecked her lips and then started moving up to her ear.

" then we both had the best dream ever " he whispered as his lips touched her ears and he could feel a smile growing on her face even though he couldn't see it.

Lily's stomach grumbled under his palms as he pulled back to look at a very shy Lily who was biting her lip nervously. She looked so sexy doing that and she didn't even know it. Edmund showed her what he had cooked and they both ate together and after some argument Lily ended up doing the dishes.

From the little she had told him and the little he remembered was that Lily liked flowers so he decide to explore the garden for the first time with her. As they exited the sun was already placed high up in the sky making the view even more surprising. The garden was full of flowers of different colors and shapes. Some Edmund knew and there were some that he had never seen or heard of, they were all unique and beautiful just like Lily.

She gazed around amused with all the colors that painted the view so magnificently well that it could light you up with one look only. She danced around with a smile on her face the smile on her face growing with the atmosphere.

How could something so simple bring so much joy to him, make him feel full in a very good way? How could she be so perfect without trying? How could her smile make him forget the entire world around him and even the fact that he was a king because she was worth it? She was outstanding, every move she made looked so gracious that it looked like a dance. She keep twirling around like she was hearing music that wasn't there as she smiled and looked around amazed. She stopped abruptly as they approached the roses, she got closer very slowly. She didn't do anything she just kept looking at the one white rose between the others. It was the odd one out.

" I feel like that sometimes " Lily muttered her back to Edmund as she stared intently at the rose with rage, so beautiful and delicate. Edmund thought she meant she felt alone and without nobody to compare her self with. That she felt alone in a sea of people or that no one understood her but it wasn't that.

" like people only look at my outer beauty " Lily whispered as she pointed at the rose " but they don't know who I really am " she continued as her finger moved down to point at the stem. It had thorns and it made Edmund confused, was she saying she had a very sad, dark secret? He didn't want to ask, Lily had tears on her eyes now and Edmund regretted bringing her out now. She shook her head sideways and then looked up at him again, smiling even though her eyes were glossy with tears. She wiped them off and then carried on swirling as if that had never happened and Edmund decided to forget for now but he was sure he would ask later.

As they carried on to wonder around in the garden they came to an opening which was just plain grass. It had a small hill far behind and then became equal. Lily decided it would be fun to roll down hill so she started doing that. Seen that Edmund was just standing there awkwardly looking at her she started pulling him up the hill to. He complained all the way to the top that, that was totally childish and it would ruin his clothes. Lily didn't buy it and to convince him she suggested they roll together. Edmund ended up trying to convince her to roll down in each other's arms 'it's too dangerous' she said. Finally after some kissing Edmund convinced her telling her there would be more as soon as they descended together.