Returning

The cold wind blew Eustace's short, messy, blonde hair away from his face. His cheeks were red from the breeze which was blowing along with the tips of his fingers and nose. If it wasn't for them, you might have thought he was dead because he was worryingly pale. He was wearing a very thick scarf that barely let his chocolate brown eyes to see the world around him.

His eyes now held the desperation of wanting to go back to Narnia. His features were more marked and all of his feelings were as easy to read as a book. His nose was sharper, but it didn't look too bad because his other features compensated for it. His lips were his best feature because the way they lined up when he grinned that silly old grin, you simply wanted to smile. His freckles were still there of course, albeit a little faded. They made him look young even though he was much more mature now. He also grew taller, almost the size of Caspian and his shoulders had broadened. He also made sure that he was in shape so that next time he was given a sword he would still have his fencing skills.

It was his second day in America. Susan and him decided that they would eat in for dinner and buy groceries because his uncle and aunt had to go to an important event that evening. They would have to eat alone. The plan was for all of them to be together. It would help Edmund push his thoughts of Narnia away for sometime. Everyone missed it, especially Lucy but Edmund made sure that everybody was aware of his longing.

As they walked around the Market Eustace took time to notice his surroundings. He could smell everything; the sweet smell of the fruits and vegetables was so strong, he could almost taste them. He could smell what smelled like the sea when he walked beside the fish which just made him remember Narnia more. He smelled the sweat of all the men working here since the morning. He could hear the conversations that people had beside him and the shouts far away of a woman selling her meat. He could see all the Champaign in the world and the food around him that he smelled, he saw people everywhere and none of them had the same expression, they were all here for different reasons.

" Oh sorry! " Eustace said as he kneeled down to get the book that he had just made a someone drop when he bumped into them. He stood up and looked her in the eyes. It took some time but he recognized her

" Lily! It's been forever!" He exclaimed as he pulled the girl into an embrace. She hugged him back.

" Okay Eustace I found the cinnamon we can go home now.." Susan spoke as she approached Eustace and Lily making them break apart and look at her.

Susan was holding the cinnamon and the groceries bag in one hand and she was using the other one to organize the stuff inside the bag and make space for the cinnamon. Susan had also grown, both physically and mentally. She had grown more and accepted the idea of never going back to Narnia or never seen Caspian again. Well she hadn't actually but she forced her self to think that way. She wore skirts all the time because she wanted to look young, she was. She was 23 and she couldn't look younger, she smiled a lot now and she wore red most of the time which made her curves stand out more. Her face hadn't changed much apart from the fact that her eyes now were full of secrets.

" Susan this is Lily my old Best friend back in England before she moved , Lily this is Susan my favorite cousin" he smirked at both of them and they both laughed.

" I haven't seen you in like forever! We have to meet up soon to talk about our life" Lily said as she looked Eustace in the eyes and smiled, a warm smile which made him smile back.

" Hey do you think she could come over tonight to have dinner with us? " Eustace asked Susan with a huge smile which nobody could deny

" Yeah sure. Is it okay with you? " she asked as she looked from Eustace's exited face to the sweet, warm face of Lily.