Chapter 13: Lymphoma

Start from the beginning

                I blinked at him and rolled my eyes before turning to Sam.

                “I take it your coming too?” I asked him.

                He smirked and opened my back door and hopped in too.

                “Do you know where Ali lives?” I asked.

                “Yeah I can lead you,” Ethan said, excited.

                We parked in front of a small and homey-looking house. The main thing I noticed were the Fall decorations, hung all around the small place. We all got out and filed over to the door. I poised my hand to knock on it, but before I could Ethan opened it and walked right in. I stood there awkwardly, feeling like I was intruding rudely. Sam was still behind me and he nudged me in. We ended up standing inside Ali’s Living Room. I blushed slightly as I looked around myself, unsure of where to go, realizing I was alone with Sam and we weren’t talking to each other really at all. Then we heard arguing voices so Sam and I followed the sounds and ended up in the kitchen.

                “Who brought you here?” Ali whined at Ethan

                “Guilty,” I blushed.

                Ethan rolled his eyes and said, “Sam and I were walking, bored, and Quinn was driving by. We just had to join her.”

                “Ali, this is a good thing. They can help!” Cora exclaimed, sticking her head out from the fridge. She walked around the door with a carton of eggs, hitting the door with her hip to shut it.

                “I don’t trust them. Last time Ethan tried to bake with us it turned out a disaster.”

                “Oh, please,” Ethan said, walking over to the counter and peeking into a bowl. He stuck his finger in and pulled it out with a chunk of cookie dough. Cora slapped his hand away and grabbed the bowl possessively.

                “What’re all these cookies for?” I asked.

                “A bake sale at school during the next football game. It’s only for school fundraising so we can get props for the school play,” Ali explained.

                “Why are you guys doing it?” Ethan asked.

                “We’re in student council and we offered.”

                “Why did you even offer?” Ethan asked.

                “You see, we aren’t lazy like you and actually do stuff for other people,” Cora said.

                Ethan rolled his eyes and sat down at the counter, grabbing one of the cookies off the counter and taking a giant bite. “Mmm, peanut butter,” he said in between mouthfuls of the cookie.

                “He’s probably going to eat more then he’ll even make,” Ali sighed.

                Sam decided to join Ethan at that moment and grabbed a cookie of his own.

                “Why exactly didn’t you guys tell me what we were doing on the phone?” I asked them.

                Ali blushed. “You see… we really need the help. And I’m guessing this isn’t exactly what you would want to do on a Saturday.”