Chapter Fifteen

Keira West

"We have to be careful." I warn the twins, who are watching me intently. They nod confidently, but I notice the slight fear in their eyes. I brush it off and start walking down the hallway.

Now that we know who the murderer is, we have to be cautious around her. We don't even know if Sarah is working with an accomplice.

I continue walking down the hallway, feeling the pressure of the knife against my ankle. Ashton and Alex tiptoe alongside me quietly and we make our way to the door.

I grip the doorknob and twist it open. It makes a slight sound and it opens immediately. I walk into the dusty room, which has remained the same since last time.

I point at the window that Sarah escaped from and Ashton and Alex nod. I walk over to the window and release a small gasp.

The window is open. We can escape right now if we want to.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Alex asks. Ashton nods.

"If you're thinking of escaping now, then you're correct, dear brother." He says.

"But there are other innocent people trapped inside of here. And we don't know who we can trust." I say.

"Don't you want to save yourself?" Ashton asks.

"If it means endangering the lives of others, no." I reply honestly, biting my lip.

"Stop being nice for once, Keira." Ashton groans, but there is a playful smile tugging at the edge of his lips.

"If we warn everyone, then we don't know who is working with the killer. It's a big risk." I say honestly. Alex realizes this and nods. After a few seconds, Ashton nods too.

"We have to do what is right." I say, internally cringing at how cliché that was.

"Keira!" One of them says, but before I can respond, I'm pushed up against the wall. A masculine figure is threatening me with a knife. He has a mask on. It's not Sarah.

I cry out in shock. I'm not afraid, surprisingly.

"Leave. And I'll spare you." The person growls sinisterly. The twins look frightened and confused.

"Listen to him! Leave!" I yell. The knife being held up to my neck is pushed deeper into it. It hurts, but I don't scream. I don't give him the satisfaction of knowing my weakness.

Before he can do anything else, Ashton pulls him off of me and starts fighting him. Alex quickly joins.

"Don't even think about touching her again!" Alex growls.

I grab my knife from my boot and stab the killer in the arm. I couldn't kill him.

"Run!" I scream, my voice cracking. Ashton and Alex run too and we sprint down the hallway, not caring about the noise we're creating.

We return to the main room, panting and breathing heavily. I notice something immediately.

"Where's Carter and Cameron?" I ask, out of breath. 

"They went to the bathroom to take showers."  Summer pipes up.

"Together?" Hailey asks.  "That's like, gross!"

Sarah nods.  "But I do ship it!" She chimes in.

Whenever Sarah talks, I can't help but think killer.  She ended several lives in the span of a mere few days.  And she's not planning on stopping. 

Cameron and Carter return, both covered in bruises.  Carter is glaring at Cameron.

"He punched me."  Carter says.

Cameron shrugs.  He's not denying it.  "You punched back." He simply says.

I roll my eyes. Boys.

My breathing grows normal and Alex and Ashton send worries glances at me. They didn't say anything, but I know the signal is clear.

We need to get out of here as soon as possible.

AHH THANK YOU FOR 150+ READS!!
AND THANK YOU FOR GETTING ME #395 IN MYSTERY/THRILLER

AHH THANK YOU FOR 150+ READS!!AND THANK YOU FOR GETTING ME #395 IN MYSTERY/THRILLER

I love it when you guys comment. Special thanks to like the 2 people who commented. It really brings up my self-confidence and I love hearing your thoughts.

Bye!! <3