kim namjoon

You ran in circles around your room, confused on what to wear for next week's prom night. You were so uneasy, you begin tapping your foot on the floor, because most of your friends said that they were going.

You stood in front of the cabinet searching for a decent dress and a pair of shoes. Although you have a lot of clothes, you found none.

After a few minutes, you chose not to attend since you don't have a dress nor a prom date.

You closed your cabinet after realizing you had no chance of going next week. Slowly, you lie down on your bed and began to sleep.

Monday, 7:09 am

"Y/N!" Namjoon said while running his finger through his hair.

"Hm?"

"Uh- May I borrow your notes for English class? I was absent yesterday." Namjoon said while scratching his head nervously.

"Oh okay, wait." you took your backpack and lent your notebook.

"Here, please take care of it."

"Thank you!" Namjoon wrapped his arms tightly. You couldn't help it, so you hugged back.

9:30 am

Few hours later, Namjoon saw you going downstairs at the cafeteria. He came holding your notebook along with a rose.

"Thank you, y/n!"

"Omg! Did you guys see that?!" your friend, Yeonwoo said.

"Are you dating with Namjoon?! Wahh Y/N!!" Your friends began assuming that you were on a date with him. They were continuously teasing you after he gave you that flower.

"No no no no we are not dating! We are just close friends! He just gave back my notebook, that's it." you said blushing.

"Wait, he also gave you a letter!"

You quickly snatched the flower from them and opened the letter saying: "thank you!! btw, please check your notebook :))"

You grabbed your notebook and flipped through the pages.

"oh em gee" your eyes widened, your eyebrows raised. You were speechless.

To: y/n ♡

"Can you be my prom date?"

From: joonie

You couldn't help the ear to ear smile that had suddenly appeared on your face. But upon hearing someone clearing their throat in front of you, you quickly turn around to find three poster boards, held up by Namjoon's friends sporting the word "prom with me?"

Namjoon was standing next to the third poster with a bouquet of white roses with the widest smile you've ever seen on him.

"So how 'bout it?" he asked. "Wanna make this guy the happiest at prom?"

"Uh Namjoon-" you were so stunned by the whole gesture that words felt like they were stuck in your throat.

"It's okay if you don't want to-"

"I'd love to. I'd love to be your prom date." you said looking at him in the eyes.

His smile widened as he walked towards you, giving you a hug, along with the roses.