t w e n t y - f o u r

sunday 10:12am
"wake up." i felt myself being gently shaken. "ruby!"

i groaned and rolled over, shrugging his hand off.

"go away jack."

he chuckled and gently nudged me again.

"wake up, babe."

i smiled into my pillow.

"come on. i need you to come downstairs." he whined.

i sat up and rubbed my eyes. jack grinned at me, leaning in to kiss my forehead.

he gently pulled me off the bed and i stood up. he took my hand and led me downstairs to his kitchen.

my eyes widened. "what is this?"

the table was covered in plates; pancakes, bacon, eggs, fruit salad.

jack grinned at me.

"what's the occasion?" i questioned, sitting down and taking a bite of a strawberry.

"well... there's something i've needed to ask you for the last couple of days, but i've been putting it off."

i nodded, wanting him to continue.

"i've been wanting to ask you this ever since we started to hang out. i just... i'm a piece of shit and i had no idea how to say my feelings."

"yeah..."

"basically... i..." jack trailed off and quickly grabbed a piece of bacon, stuffing it into his mouth.

"jack, talk." i stated, folding my arms.

"i, um, i like you." he blurted out. "w-will you be my girlfriend?"

i jumped up and hugged him, the smile not leaving my face.

"yes, yes, yes!" i replied happily.

jack grinned and leaned in, kissing me passionately. he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

"you have no idea how happy i am right now." he murmured, placing a gentle kiss on my collarbone.

i smiled fondly at him.

we both sat down and began to eat.

"did you make this?" i asked curiously, grabbing a pancake and putting it on my plate.

"yeah." jack grinned proudly.

i took a bite and immediately flinched. "um... yeah it's great." i lied, swallowing my mouthful.

he looked so happy as i continued to struggle, finishing my pancake with a fake smile on my face.

i hurriedly ate a couple spoonfuls of fruit salad to get the taste out of my mouth.

"what do you wanna do today?" jack asked.

i shrugged.

"johnson wants to play ball. we could go?" he offered.

i immediately nodded. "sounds like fun."

"last one up the stairs is a rotten fish!" jack quickly exclaimed, jumping up.

he quickly pushed me over then ran off. i got to my feet, then sprinted after him.

"i'm going to get you, gilinsky!" i yelled.

i quickly ran up the stairs, pushing him out of the way and jumping up to the top.

"a-ha! i win!" i boasted.

jack pouted. "no fair! you cheated!"

"you pushed me first!" i argued.

he quickly grabbed me and hoisted me over his shoulder. i squealed.

"jack!"

he tossed me on the bed and i shrieked loudly.

"jack!"

he smirked. "you love me."

i rolled my eyes, standing up and grabbing some clothes out of my bag.

jack's eyes were locked on me as i pulled off my shirt. i glanced over at him and smirked.

"liking the view?"

he bit his lip and nodded, his eyes scanning my body.

"maybe we should stay here today and see johnson tomorrow..." he murmured.

"are you sure?" i asked innocently. "i kinda wanted to see him."

jack stepped closer to me, his hand gently skimming my waist.

"nah, we're staying here." he growled, wrapping his arm around my waist.

he leaned in and began to place soft, sloppy kisses on my neck, causing me to moan.

"o-okay... staying here seems good." i stuttered.

jack smirked against my neck before gently pushing me back onto his bed. he hovered over me, a hungry look on his face.

leaning in, he planted slow kisses down my chest.

"i'm so glad to call you mine." he murmured against my skin.

i froze slightly, memories running through my head.

"what?" i asked.

"you're just so... beautiful." he whispered, biting down on his bottom lip.

i smiled lightly at him.

"i'm so glad to call you mine." sammy murmured.

"w-what about my mum?" i asked nervously.

he let out a sigh. "babygirl, i don't love your mother. she was the one who proposed to me." he stated.

"then why'd you say yes?" i rolled over to face him.

"because..." he began. "your mum showed me pictures of you. i just knew i needed to meet you. you were so beautiful." he murmured, his hand skimming across my cheek.

"but now you've got yourself in pretty deep." i whispered.

"you're worth it." sammy replied, his eyes locked on mine.

i sat up. jack glanced at me, confused. "you okay?" he asked.

i shot him a weak smile.

"uh yeah. i'm just... not in the mood anymore." i murmured, hugging my knees.

jack nodded, leaning in and kissing my forehead. "alright. let's watch some gossip girl."

my smile turned into a genuine one. "you're amazing, you know?"

he grinned at me. "yeah, i know. how else would i have landed a girl like you?"

quick a.n
guyysssssss all of your comments on how you like this story just make my day, i love you so much!!
i'm a little late, but thankyou all for 20k, we're close to 25k which is amazing!
also: it's my birthday today so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
love you guys x