Chapter 10: The One

Start from the beginning

"So tell me what's going on? You buying Tay some gifts?" Cierra asked once we got in the car.

"Something like that." I started my car back up.

"Tell me." She tugged on my arm.

"Aight. I wanna propose to Tay and I need you to help me pick out a ring. I assume you know what she likes." I smacked my lips.

"Ahhhhhh!!!" She hit me hella hard.

"Chill, I'm driving." I moved her arm off of me.

"Y'all known each other for what? Almost three years now? You wanna marry my cousin, how beautiful." She clenched her chest.

"You extra, mane. You gone help me or not?" I laughed as she put on a whole show.

"Duh, I'm helping! Does Sunny know? I gotta tell her." She pulled out her phone.

"Nawwllll. This between me and you. That's it. Don't tell nobody because I don't want word getting back to Taylor."

"Huhh, fine. When are you going to do it? Please tell me you bringing her to Houston cause I need to be there."

"Soon. Our anniversary coming up, but we never celebrate it cause neither one of us remember an exact date. We just started fucking with each other like that. And I was gone go to her crib and do it." I have a lot to think about.

"Basically in the next month or so? And you have to do it in Houston, please. Are her parents going to be there? How do they even feel about all of this?" She was full of questions and I had zero answers.

"I wanted to do it sooner, but you making me feel like I'm not ready. Her parents don't even know." I was getting nervous for no reason.

"How you gone propose to her and not get her parents approval first." She laughed.

"I didn't know people still did that..."

"Of course. You should tell her dad because you don't want him remembering how his son in law didn't ask for his daughters hand in marriage. And I'm sure they would want to see it."

"So I should send her out here? What should I tell her?"

"Just tell her you miss her or something. Or maybe you should say you're having a get together. I feel like we have to tell Sunny what's up because she's going to try hard not to come back to Houston, especially if she has to work. And you know she'll be pissed if she misses her best friends proposal."

I sighed because this is more than I expected. I wanted to have a private proposal with just Taylor and I. Now I have to make her parents aware of my idea and invite people. If that's the case, my parents might as well be there too. I barely talk to Taylor's parents so I'm kinda nervous to tell them.

"One more question... What made you wanna take this step?"

I smiled as I prepared to answer this question. "Cause, she the one. When I was broke as a joke, she took care of me and she barely knew me. We broke up and I couldn't stop thinking about her. I really love that girl with all my heart and I want to be with her for the rest of my life."

"That is so sweet. Y'all gone have to write y'all own vows, it's gone be beautiful."

"Let's just find a ring first." I told her.

I was a few minutes away from the jewelry store as Cierra and I finished up our conversation. Once I got there I called the jeweler to let us in the closed store. Cierra was happy like she was picking out a ring for herself, I don't understand women.

"Hey, Ant." The jeweler greeted me.

"What's up. This is my girlfriends cousin, she's going to be helping me pick out a ring." I told him.