Chapter 18 - Will

Will

"Will!" I hear Park shout from downstairs "Come here for a sec" I groan and put down the book I'm busy reading. Yeah, I said Book. Auburn has infected me with her books, and cute fandom stuff everywhere in her room, and on her clothes, even on her Facebook profile. The book I'm currently reading is really good so far, it's about this girl who haven't been outside for like almost a year, and now this random dude – who in my opinion is kinda an ass, but I think they're gonna be together in the end. Classic cheesy love story – took her away from the place she was in, and takes her to his compound, where basically she's actually just a prisoner again. And that's all I'm telling you, you just gotta read the book, Auburn says it's golden.

I'm thinking what I would do if I got stuck in a room for almost an entire year as I enter the living-room and immediately see something's wrong. Mom is sitting on the couch crying and Park is holding her while she sobs softly, and Milo is looking at them with confusion clear on his face, he opens his mouth to say something but Park sends him a glare that would make the strongest of men crumble to the ground.

"Sal, sweetie what's wrong? What did you want tell us?" Park asks softly, gently, like she's talking to her best-friend, instead of her best-friends mom. This is what I love about Park, she could literally be the meanest and sarcastic girl that you would ever meet, but when it comes to her family and friends, she could be the sweetest and most caring. And fierce, man that girl can be fierce. She protects those she loves and cares about.

"He's out" mom whispers

And my blood runs cold

"And he wants to come back" she adds even softer

And my heart nearly stops beating. I look at my older brother and see that his face has drained completely of color. I look at Park and see that she is also as pale as a ghost.

You're wondering who he is right? Well, lemme tell ya.

My father: Miles Gunner Lakes.

The man who went to prison for physically abusing my mother, and almost killing her one night.

He's been away for almost eleven years.

"Have you talked to him?" Milo grounds out between clenched teeth

"Yes, he called me. I immediately told James, and he says that by law he's allowed to see you guys until you turn eighteen" mom replies softly, sniffling her tears "James said that he'll be with us the entire time he's here"

"Okay, let's just leave it there, you need to calm down, come with me, I'll make you some tea" Park says softly while shooting daggers in Milo's direction

Ireally hope this is just a dream