Chapter 9 - Auburn

Milo Lakes

Milo Lakes

***

Auburn

We're currently on our way down to the lake to see the rest of the party. Will says it's only a few minutes' walk through the woods, which is really not working for me. I don't like woods or anything big, creepy and dark. You can guess that I don't do haunted houses on Halloween. This is kind of bad since we lived in New Orleans for almost three years, and they have a festival for literally almost anything. Don't even get me started on Halloween last year. Ironically it fell on Friday the 13th. Reece and all his football buddies decided it would be fun to sneak into a college party on Greek Row and I got roped into going too, it was a haunted house party and when we got there everything was fine and all, fun even, until Jackie, one of my friends decided we should actually do the haunted house, which was only on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the house. We went upstairs and did the 'tour' you can say, just when we were about to go downstairs again, a few huge college guys came into view probably three or so and just started talking to us, which was unfortunate cause they had a bunch of buddies behind us who put black hoods over our head and dragged us out of the house to the cemetery behind all the frat-houses through the woods. When we got there they made us all stand in a row and took the hoods off and proceeded to drench us in ice-cold water and flower, and threatened that if we ever come to one of their party's again a lot worse would happen. Apparently a guy in one of our classes had a brother in that particular fraternity and told him our plans.

"Hey calm down, were here" Will says stopping in front of a large bon-fire surrounded by high-school kids. Even more than in the house. A lot of them look a little old to be in high-school. maybe there's a local college who parties with the high-school

"Hey come with me, let me introduce you to some people" Park says taking my hand and dragging me to a bunch of giggling girls. I look back at Will to see him suddenly swarmed by a bunch of huge guys, probably his jock buddies.

I just met the entire cheerleading squad, and man can they be bitchy. Movies really are on point with the whole cheerleader cliché. I'm walking towards the keg, to get my Dixie-cup refilled when I spot Will and all those guys looking at me. It's really unnerving.

"Somebody's getting lots of attention" Randy says standing next to me. I flush and say "You're delusional" to which someone behind me laughs; I turn around to see Les.

"Sweetie, Will hasn't stopped looking at you, since you met. Go talk to them" I look at Will again and say "In a few minutes, I need some liquid courage. And you two are coming with me" to which Randy and Les burst out giggling and filling their cups. I'm guessing someone is a little past tipsy.

"Not me sweetie, I got somewhere to be" Les says walking off stumbling slightly