Chapter 17 - Auburn

Auburn

We've lived here for about a month now, and it's been amazing. We still have community service every day, which kinda sucks, but the girls and I take the guy's lunch when they're helping with the library, so most of the time we get to see them in all their shirtless sweaty glory. School's also been great, Will and I still go together every day and I still watch him practice every afternoon. He even asked me to the dance, which by the way rocked, we all dressed in white t-shirts and white pants – those who own a pair of white pants – we splattered each other with the paint, Will even got me in my face and hair, which was sticky and gross. There was a band that played live music. Although it was band from the local college who're studying music, they still rocked. After the dance we went to the all-night diner here in town for dinner, most of the students did.

Everything's been great. But that's not gonna last very long. Reece and my birthday is in three days and mom decided to invite basically every single family member and friend from back home. Including dad, Ty and Jake. I should warn Will not to be too much like...well, like Will. For his own safety of course. I know I should be happy about my approaching sixteenth birthday, but I get the feeling it's gonna suck monkey balls. Big, fat elephant sized monkey balls.

Yay!

Yes, that is sarcasm you're detecting

I should probably go warn Will, since Ty and Jake are coming tomorrow already. Dad still has a few things he needs to do back at the ranch, so he's coming the day after tomorrow. Luckily everybody else is coming the day of the party. And I do mean everybody. All of our old friends and family from Austin are coming, and all our new friends from here. I should really go over and tell Will. All our other friends are already there, plus Reece. I hope he told Crowe to maybe just tone it down a notch.

I walk across the street to Will's house and go inside, I find everybody in the basement – also known as the game room – where we just chill most of the time. I see my brother and Les sitting together on the couch, Crowe and Randy are sitting on the floor next to Miles and Park, then there's Lucas and Bree sitting rather awkwardly next to each other on the other couch. And then Will sitting upside down on the bean bag with his legs hanging off of the back and all the blood running down to his head.

"Hey guys" I say as walk over to where Will is lounging and sit on the floor next to his head

"Sup baby?" he says opening one eye to look at me.

"Hey" I say softly

"What's wrong?" he says, swinging around on the chair and pulling me onto his lap. Weird, I know. Couple behavior, yet we haven't been on one date.

"So, you know that my brother and Jake are coming tomorrow right?" I ask tentatively

"Yeah, I'm kinda excited!" he says with a huge grin "I really want to meet your brother"

"Don't be that excited dude, their vicious" Reece says from where he's sitting

"I'm lost" Will says dumbfounded

"That's why we're having this conversation" I say looking at everyone who is also focusing on me "So, not that I don't love you guys just the way you are, because I really do, but I might need a few of you to turn it down a notch. Mainly you boys"

"Why?" Crowe asks

"Cause dad's a little intense, Ty and Jake too" Reece answers for me "What Baby girl's tryin' to say, is that you and Will might need to be a little less loud and Miles, maybe you should be more loud?"

"Just two days right?" Crowe asks with nervousness etched onto his face

"Just two" I confirm

"Okay, I can do this" he murmurs to himself. Will grip on my waist tightens and he whispers in my ear "Okay. But I'm staying over tonight"

"Y-Yeah sure" I stutter

"Calm down baby" Will says chuckling slightly

"I am calm" I say defensively

"You don't look calm" he retorts

"Whatever" I huff and cross my arms across my chest. Yes, I know, I've turned into a 5 year old, I am aware.

"So, what's so bad about your dad and brother?" Crowe asks curiously, I get why asks since mom's so chill. But dad and Ty are a waaaay different story

"Oh, you know, just about everything" Reece answers nonchalantly

"Come on, it can't be that bad" Randy says from her seat on the ground next to Crowe who's currently trying to sneakily nudge the toggle on her controller while she's attempting a conversation with me

"Oh no it is. I remember once we were sitting at the dinner table, and Ty was sitting next to me and I quietly told him that I hate sweet peas since there was a freaking abundance of them in my plate, and I didn't want to throw them out and seem like an ungrateful child when dad suddenly started screaming and I quote 'what did you just say about my sweet peas young man, they taste like ass, is that what you have to say about me slaving around all day providing food for you ungrateful children. I'm done!' and then he proceeded to storm out of the dining room" Reece answers the question for me then adds while pointing to me "and this one and Ty just laughed their asses off"

"How can you not like sweet peas?" Crowe asks dumbfounded

"Seriously? That's all you got?" Randy asks him and proceeds to slap him upside the head when he just looks at her with a sheepish look and a shrug