Chapter 6 - Will

Randy Frost

Randy Frost

***

Will - next day

The day was super slow and I spent it with mom and Park doing shopping. Grocery shopping of all things. Milo and Crowe didn't want me and Park going with them to the next town over to go buy booze because the last time we went they caught me and Park with fake id's, so we're not allowed to go with anymore.

Women take really long doing grocery shopping, I wonder if they know this. They made me push the cart while they walk in front talking and throwing stuff in. It's boring. I wanted to claw my eyes out. After the grocery store we went to one of the few clothing stores our little town has, because mom thinks me, Milo and Park needs new clothes. So they made go into the dressing room and actually check to see if everything fits. I really don't get why they made me fit, mom knows my sizes. When I was finally done and came out of the dressing room I found Mom, Park, Anna – Auburn's mom – Reece, and finally Auburn sitting on the little chairs outside the dressing rooms.

"Yeah, I just thought, new school, new year, how about some new clothes?" Anna says to my mom. Auburn hasn't seen me yet, she's sitting crossed legged in front of one of the chairs concentrating hard on her phone – not wearing her super cute pajamas. That really is super cute - and she's probably playing a game. Reece is sprawled out on the one sofa – though, it's not long enough for him – and Park is talking on the phone – probably with Milo – like always.

"They fit sweetie?" Mom asks when she sees me standing there

"Yeah, like I said they would. Hi Anna" I say to Auburn's mom

"I just wanted to make sure" Mom says when Reece looks at me through one eye from the sofa and says "Sup?" with a head bob. Auburn finally looks up from her phone and jumps up when she sees me and gives me a hug. I think I might just hug her for the rest of my life.

"Hey baby" I whisper in her ear

"Shut up" she says and playfully slaps my chest. I put my arm around her shoulder, cause I know it just makes her nervous. I like nervous Auburn.

"Okay kids, we should probably get going, Grams called and wants us to go stop there. Anna it was very nice seeing you again. We should have dinner again soon. Seems like the kids really hit it off" Mom says the last part in a whisper and looking at me and Auburn

"I agree. Come on baby girl, let's go get some cute clothes" Anna says enthusiastically to Auburn who rolls her eyes and groans. I give her another hug and whisper "You know you could just walk around in your PJ's and I wouldn't care. You're still super sexy" which of course makes her blush.